Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York City Deputy Sheriff Exam - Filing Starts 9/7/16

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Still nothing on the fingerprinting. Unbelievable

    Comment


    • Never thought I would be asking this, but does the pat expire?

      Any candidates have an update on there process?

      Anyone otj hear any news regarding the hiring?

      Than you.

      Comment


      • At this point I wouldn't even worry about this job. Moving at a snail's pace.

        Comment


        • The fact that the list has been out for almost a year, yet they haven't even put in one single class through is alarming. Not giving up hope, typical civil service bs, but still a huge joke nonetheless.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by crye088 View Post
            The fact that the list has been out for almost a year, yet they haven't even put in one single class through is alarming. Not giving up hope, typical civil service bs, but still a huge joke nonetheless.
            Seems thats the way it goes nowadays. With literally everything

            Comment


            • Any updates?

              Comment


              • List Established: 01/10/2018
                List Expires: 01/10/2022
                =====================

                One month from today will made 1 year since the list was established, 3 more years to go. I think I should go back to school and get my master's degree before they get to me lol.

                Comment


                • They would have been down the list more if they wouldn't have some candidates crying about not passing the PAT

                  Comment


                  • Did they hire anyone yet when is the class going in?

                    Comment


                    • According to a Deputy I know and someone in HR, they are looking at first quarter of 2019 for the Academy. They had some...setbacks during the medical and all seats are not yet filled. The class is supposed to be approximately 28 Deputies and 17 Investigators for a total of 45.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CloudPuncher View Post
                        According to a Deputy I know and someone in HR, they are looking at first quarter of 2019 for the Academy. They had some...setbacks during the medical and all seats are not yet filled. The class is supposed to be approximately 28 Deputies and 17 Investigators for a total of 45.
                        Ok, is there a chance they call the rest of the list once they start an academy? Or that’s too soon to call.

                        Comment


                        • nothing solid yet but talks of the first class starting in february/march. few set backs on the processing they outsourced. guaranteed more classes after that one so everyone stay positive, your time will come. in 2020 they will be a lot of people retiring so they need to get this list in before that. for those that don't know the process, yes it does take time with civil service exams, more so with smaller agencies. go on with your regular lives till your time comes, it will be worth the wait trust me. i was in your shoes with the previous exam. took a year in between the pt exam and the medical, total 3 years from the test to getting hired. they definitely improved since the last exam and are using other sources instead of just waiting for NYPD to process for them. if you're already
                          working for the city, your time counts upfront so regardless your retirement time is already set.

                          those further down the list stay optimistic, keep training till you get that PT exam call, you still have a shot. good luck to all

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bk_3000 View Post
                            nothing solid yet but talks of the first class starting in february/march. few set backs on the processing they outsourced. guaranteed more classes after that one so everyone stay positive, your time will come. in 2020 they will be a lot of people retiring so they need to get this list in before that. for those that don't know the process, yes it does take time with civil service exams, more so with smaller agencies. go on with your regular lives till your time comes, it will be worth the wait trust me. i was in your shoes with the previous exam. took a year in between the pt exam and the medical, total 3 years from the test to getting hired. they definitely improved since the last exam and are using other sources instead of just waiting for NYPD to process for them. if you're already
                            working for the city, your time counts upfront so regardless your retirement time is already set.

                            those further down the list stay optimistic, keep training till you get that PT exam call, you still have a shot. good luck to all
                            Thank you.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bk_3000 View Post
                              nothing solid yet but talks of the first class starting in february/march. few set backs on the processing they outsourced. guaranteed more classes after that one so everyone stay positive, your time will come. in 2020 they will be a lot of people retiring so they need to get this list in before that. for those that don't know the process, yes it does take time with civil service exams, more so with smaller agencies. go on with your regular lives till your time comes, it will be worth the wait trust me. i was in your shoes with the previous exam. took a year in between the pt exam and the medical, total 3 years from the test to getting hired. they definitely improved since the last exam and are using other sources instead of just waiting for NYPD to process for them. if you're already
                              working for the city, your time counts upfront so regardless your retirement time is already set.

                              those further down the list stay optimistic, keep training till you get that PT exam call, you still have a shot. good luck to all
                              Does pay come upfront too?
                              55.......

                              Comment


                              • negative, pay does not come up front.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6340 users online. 439 members and 5901 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X