300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post

Just make sure you're ready willing and able to. That's all you have to worry about.
    Apart of being ready is being knowledgeable about the process. I have never taken a cooper standard style test and while I consider myself to be ready...I can't say I am until I pass that test. Other posters have stated that a lot of people do not pass this portion of processing and the aprox number of them and HOW they failed could be helpful to others who are going to take that test. If 5 out of 10 people fail the sprints....the placement of the sprints in the test could help others train for that. For example if you are an all star runner you can ace the run...but if you are absolutely winded after the run because there is a sprint afterwards that you never trained for...you could find yourself dropping. Anyways I am rambling now . All im looking for is a breakdown and est of people who pass/fail the test. Don't tell me what I have to "worry" about when its not you going to the physical(assuming you didn't take the test for Sheriff)...That is not your call to make pal.

Comment

• Put it like this from previous exam from other dept the pat usually knocks out almost half the list. There is no sprint. Sit ups, push ups, and 1.5 mile run good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by maza849 View Post
        Put it like this from previous exam from other dept the pat usually knocks out almost half the list. There is no sprint. Sit ups, push ups, and 1.5 mile run good luck
        Thank you good sir

Comment

• Originally posted by maza849 View Post
          Put it like this from previous exam from other dept the pat usually knocks out almost half the list. There is no sprint. Sit ups, push ups, and 1.5 mile run good luck
          dang that's a shame. Its really a good job from what I hear, I wonder why people just don't get ready. Good thing about this test is they go through the entire list.

Comment

• How do we know they started calling people from the list for the PAT? Maybe they sent out the invitations already? Maybe it’s going on this weekend or scheduled for the next weekend..? Does anyone have any idea what’s happening? Who’s on lookout?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hank_Garcia View Post
              How do we know they started calling people from the list for the PAT? Maybe they sent out the invitations already? Maybe it’s going on this weekend or scheduled for the next weekend..? Does anyone have any idea what’s happening? Who’s on lookout?
              relax. I personally think hiring will start next summer for the majority of people. Someone will probably inform us here if they get something. Take a chill pill man.

Comment

How do we know they started calling people from the list for the PAT? Maybe they sent out the invitations already? Maybe it’s going on this weekend or scheduled for the next weekend..? Does anyone have any idea what’s happening? Who’s on lookout?
                You sound frantic. Don't worry, you'll get the notification...and if by some chance you don't, you will find out quickly by checking this thread. I heard from a Sheriff Sgt and a Dep who used to be an Officer at my current job that they will call the first 500 for the PAT before year end.

Comment

• Originally posted by CloudPuncher View Post

You sound frantic. Don't worry, you'll get the notification...and if by some chance you don't, you will find out quickly by checking this thread. I heard from a Sheriff Sgt and a Dep who used to be an Officer at my current job that they will call the first 500 for the PAT before year end.
                  Literally this. Just relax dude you will make yourself sick if your like this before the process even started.
                  Last edited by thebigsnapple; 09-23-2017, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• Lmao ^^^^^^^^

Comment

• Hank_Garcia
                      Hank_Garcia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I’m supposidly frantic. Don’t blow my cover.

• thebigsnapple
                      thebigsnapple commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Blow your cover?You mean like the time you called everyone in this thread morons?

I know you're excited and anxious to get started n all but it did come out as a bit frantic. . . . We will get called, just be ready. Run everyday so your stamina is high. You have time. . . .

Comment

• this last class is in its final stages for completion, firearm training this week and next, i believe they will be going into the field maybe 2nd week of october, don't quote me though. Your time is finally approaching, hope everyone has been training. Do yourself a favor, do not over work yourself to the point you are injured at the time of your PAT exams. I've seen it for mine, guys/girls with ankle sprains did not make it. Also please read the form you receive in the mail thoroughly, you will need a doctors note confirming you are healthy to perform this exam. people without it were sent home right away.
                      Last edited by bk_3000; 09-28-2017, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigsnapple View Post
                        Blow your cover?You mean like the time you called everyone in this thread morons?
                        What?! When did he call us morons!?

Comment

• Hank_Garcia
                          Hank_Garcia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Call the Wambulance!

• thebigsnapple
                          thebigsnapple commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I would not be talking so much considering you are using what I can only assume to be your real name on a forum that has all the prospects for the exam you have taken. Not only is that working against you but the fact that the Officers/Investigators that will be ABSOLUTELY investigating you at some point will stumble upon this and see the aforementioned behavior . Remember these could be your future colleagues try to have a little bit of restraint, you could tick someone off in Academy and when promotions roll around...guess who might be making that choice? I personally never forget a name...ever. To sum up this already long post...have some respect.
                          Last edited by thebigsnapple; 09-30-2017, 02:51 PM.

• Hank_Garcia
                          Hank_Garcia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Lol ok no problem

Lol ok no problem
                        Hank_Garcia thebigsnapple guys lets take it eeeasy. We are hopefully brothers soon. In fact, we are fetuses right now together. Support eachother, this is not a teen site. Good energy positive energy... MATURE energy.

Comment

• Originally posted by PO/NYSP.hernandez View Post

Hank_Garcia thebigsnapple guys lets take it eeeasy. We are hopefully brothers soon. In fact, we are fetuses right now together. Support eachother, this is not a teen site. Good energy positive energy... MATURE energy.
                          I'm hardly mad. I'm just giving insight. No hard feelings here.

Comment

• Hank_Garcia
                            Hank_Garcia commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yea okay fine. I’ll be good. Sorry I guess.

• PO/NYSP.hernandez
                            PO/NYSP.hernandez commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I know, I know and you were right with what you said thebigsnapple lol lets stick with the positive stuff. Someone said it on here a while ago, but I dont want to scroll lol how long is the academy again? 6 months?

• thebigsnapple
                            thebigsnapple commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I believe so.

• Not sure if this has been covered, but I can't seem to find an age cap for hiring. Is there no age cap for Sheriffs? Seems like most agencies around the NYC area age requirement is 35. Im from out of state and just trying to figure some things out. I turn 35 next July : /
                          Thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12453 users online. 471 members and 11982 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X