300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York City Deputy Sheriff Exam - Filing Starts 9/7/16

There is an upcoming exam for the position of Deputy City Sheriff in New York City coming up. The filing dates are 09/07/16 - 09/27/16.

This is the first exam being given since 2012. Everyone who passed that exam was given the opportunity to get hired. We went through the entire list.

You can check for more information on or after September 1st clicking on the link below:
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/wo..._monthly.shtml

If anyone has any questions about the job, I will do my best to answer them.

Many questions about the job and hiring process were answered in the thread about the previous test so give it a look.
    http://forums.officer.com/t180001/
    “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Originally posted by NYCDep View Post
    There is an upcoming exam for the position of Deputy City Sheriff in New York City coming up. The filing dates are 09/07/16 - 09/27/16.

This is the first exam being given since 2012. Everyone who passed that exam was given the opportunity to get hired. We went through the entire list.

You can check for more information on or after September 1st clicking on the link below:
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/wo..._monthly.shtml

If anyone has any questions about the job, I will do my best to answer them.

Many questions about the job and hiring process were answered in the thread about the previous test so give it a look.
    http://forums.officer.com/t180001/
    Can I use correction officer as experience for 30 credits needed

Comment

Originally posted by Anti-crime View Post
      You need a 4 year degree or 2 years Law Enforcement
      NYC Corrections Exam: 2322
      Academy: March 2015 (Got the call!!) NYCDOC

Comment

Originally posted by republicangopmh View Post
        You need a 4 year degree or 2 years Law Enforcement
        Old exam stated 6months of work experience can replace 30 college credits. I hope they consider corrections as law enforcement experience. I know some titles dont.

Comment

Old exam stated 6months of work experience can replace 30 college credits. I hope they consider corrections as law enforcement experience. I know some titles dont.
          They do consider us, which i'm happy about!

Comment

I am actually super excited about this exam.

Comment

Do you think this process will be a quick one? What is the test-processes start - academy call timeframe?
              Last edited by thebigsnapple; 08-12-2016, 11:38 AM. Reason: repost

Comment

Sucks because I want this so bad,but currently work for one of the highest paying corrections dept in the state. Not sure if I can take that pay cut

Comment

Originally posted by thebigsnapple View Post
                  Do you think this process will be a quick one? What is the test-processes start - academy call timeframe?
                  It's going to be fast. The attrition this department is facing is sky high. There's a pretty high retirement rate right now and it will only increase over the course of this exam. I'm pretty certain you'll see a large number of candidates canvassed immediately following the exam. We're already sitting at least 11 deputies short with the last exam being exhausted as we speak. Pass the exam, stay in shape (especially the mile and a half run) and you can expect to have a good shot to join the ranks. Best of luck.
                  “He who can have patience can have what he will.”
                  ― Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Of course you can use it as an experience,you are peace officer.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottydons87 View Post
                      It's going to be fast. The attrition this department is facing is sky high. There's a pretty high retirement rate right now and it will only increase over the course of this exam. I'm pretty certain you'll see a large number of candidates canvassed immediately following the exam. We're already sitting at least 11 deputies short with the last exam being exhausted as we speak. Pass the exam, stay in shape (especially the mile and a half run) and you can expect to have a good shot to join the ranks. Best of luck.
                      That's good to here.

Comment

What are their steps? I wasn't able to find an "updated" contract.

Comment

What's the salary now?

Comment

Deputies took that garbage contract that the NYPD boss unions and detectives took. So top pay is somewhere around 85k after 5 or so years. Keep in mind however, that deputies are in a 25 year pension, not a 20 year like most police and fire. Also keep in mind that the pension contributions for their plan come out to be approximately 13% of your salary. That's JUST for the pension. Great work schedule, although not traditional law enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by nyc9090 View Post
                              Deputies took that garbage contract that the NYPD boss unions and detectives took. So top pay is somewhere around 85k after 5 or so years. Keep in mind however, that deputies are in a 25 year pension, not a 20 year like most police and fire. Also keep in mind that the pension contributions for their plan come out to be approximately 13% of your salary. That's JUST for the pension. Great work schedule, although not traditional law enforcement.
                              A 85k top pay sounds good to me for a Monday-friday weekends and holidays off job

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10784 users online. 364 members and 10420 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X