Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dj121
    replied
    For everyone in the 2/12 class, did any of you get that bsc email yet?

Leave a comment:

• HighwayBob
    replied
    Congratulations to everyone who got hired yesterday. I heard from two guys who said they were impressed with the way they were treated and that it was a very welcome change. A lot of things are still up in the air but it'll be a busy first few weeks.

Leave a comment:

• FLM17
    commented on 's reply
    Forward me whatever they say lol

• Dj121
    replied
    Anyone that started on 1/22 wanna pm me as to what I can expect the first couple days?

Leave a comment:

• Mike Rojas
    replied
    My friend starts 1/22 he got an email this week on Monday. We should get something next week on Monday

Leave a comment:

• Mike Rojas
    replied
    I checked today and nothing

Leave a comment:

• Embru26
    replied
    Has anyone going in on 1/29 received a hiring packet in the mail yet?

Leave a comment:

• feifeizai
    commented on 's reply
    Agree! Based on what I know from NYPD, different commands could also bring different shows, probably same as FDNY FFs. If you work in some busy area you will more likely walk into some civilian's drama (which is where I come form), but if you works in some nice area you may encounter with some administrative drama. But one time I was standing on a fix post in COLD WINDY WINTER NIGHT with running nose in Brooklyn and I need to borrow a bathroom from a fire station right across the street, I was welcomed by eight super friendly FFs(Thank You!), they were all enjoying watching TV in the worm fire station with Coffey smell in the air and multiple uncooked stakes on the kitchen table. From that point I realized there is no comparison between these two job. LOL (love you guys). If the pay is not the main concern, try to picture yourself stand in one location for 12 hours a day with some weight on your body.

• FLM17
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks bud, appreciate it

• Surffish
    commented on 's reply
    @F case I had the same experience with the pba but my ccrb guy seemed pretty chill I had someone of hire rank call we will see if he does anything. I can’t wait to leave and never have to deal with stupid ccrbs. Cause an edp can make ccrb when the person suffers from it’s and and has a weapon I guess that’s a thing. Just hang in there and stay positive!thats what I’m doing we should look into it if you can sue them possibly for prolonging our process
    Last edited by Surffish; 01-11-2020, 03:34 PM.

• NY2TX
    replied
    Originally posted by FLM17 View Post
    Hey all. I’d appreciate feedback from anyone in regards to FDNY FF v. MTA PO. Ultimately I understand that both jobs are different, great careers and it depends whether you want to be a LEO or put out fires, however just looking for some opinions in regards to what others would/are contemplating, since I know some guys are going through both.
    I’d say this is definitely all preference. You’ll make more as an MTA cop than you would as an FDNY firefighter. Both have great schedules. But you should also take tiers into consideration. Right now mta is still a 20 year retirement while fdny is 22.5 but you basically have to do 25 for full retirement benefits. With the current climate I wouldn’t blame anybody for wanting to get out of Law enforcement but I think it’s safe to say MTA doesn’t deal with nearly as much nonsense as nypd.

Leave a comment:

• FLM17
    replied
    Hey all. I’d appreciate feedback from anyone in regards to FDNY FF v. MTA PO. Ultimately I understand that both jobs are different, great careers and it depends whether you want to be a LEO or put out fires, however just looking for some opinions in regards to what others would/are contemplating, since I know some guys are going through both.

Leave a comment:

• HighwayBob
    replied
    BSC can be a nightmare, although they've gotten better over the years. Whatever they send you won't be critical and I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Leave a comment:

• onthejob806
    commented on 's reply
    same no email yet. give it some time

• Dj121
    commented on 's reply
    Received the email for Feb 12th. It also says I’ll receive an email from the business service center with things to fill out prior to orientation. For those who received the hire email, did you also receive something from the service center?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7232 users online. 412 members and 6820 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X