Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys just had a quick question, if any one could help that would be great....
    i recently got the email for an invitation to take the qualifying exam is there another random selection after this exam or is it just pass/fail and you can go on the next step....
    the second question i had is ...
    i grew up in New York but has done my bachelor and master in another country which is the best route to get my degree accredited or transfer them over..
    thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by cp123 View Post
      hey guys just had a quick question, if any one could help that would be great....
      i recently got the email for an invitation to take the qualifying exam is there another random selection after this exam or is it just pass/fail and you can go on the next step....
      the second question i had is ...
      i grew up in New York but has done my bachelor and master in another country which is the best route to get my degree accredited or transfer them over..
      thanks for your help
      I can't speak to the 2nd part of your question, but in regards to the first– It is random selection after you pass. Passing does not guarantee you continuing in the process. However, there is a high likelihood that if you pass, you'll receive an invitation to take the PAT.
      MTAPD
      Physical: 6/4
      Panel: 6/15
      BI: 8/24

SCPD
      Score: 95
      Lotto: 24xx

Comment

So I have NYPD time. What does it mean that your time is added to the back end after 15 years. Does that mean if I have 5 years I work only 15 years with mta pd.

Comment

cp123 and this email you are talking about is from the 2016 mta application?

Comment

Originally posted by baccondep View Post
            Yes, I applied in June i believe and got the invitation in Oct for the exam in Jan

Comment

Originally posted by baccondep View Post
              why do u ask?

Comment

Originally posted by DanTT84 View Post
                So I have NYPD time. What does it mean that your time is added to the back end after 15 years. Does that mean if I have 5 years I work only 15 years with mta pd.
                Yep. At your 15th year with us your time with the city will kick in and you will have the option to retire. Not sure what the max you can rollover is though.

Comment

did not receive an email. I am pretty much accepting the fact I did not get "randomly" chosen.

does anyone know if they typically send out more emails or is it a one shot kinda deal?
                  Last edited by Tactical1; 11-03-2016, 08:07 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical1 View Post
                    did not receive an email. I am pretty much accepting the fact I did not get "randomly" chosen.

does anyone know if they typically send out more emails or is it a one shot kinda deal?
                    dont worry they might be still sending out email im not sure but even then there always next time right...

Comment

• Thanks rdo.

Comment

• Does anyone have the salary steps?

Comment

• Originally posted by DanTT84 View Post
                          Does anyone have the salary steps?
                          That's the question lol, its like a secret or something.

Comment

• For whatever reason, the job is highly secretive about the steps. I know they monitor sites like this one so I can only say that the first two bumps are the smallest. The two after that are slightly larger and then the last three are good sized bumps. If you're going through the academy then you'll reach your first step by the time you finish that, go through our training, and then finish FTO.

Comment

• Does anyone know how long it will be after the exams in January to the next step and to the academy

Comment

• From reading the other thread, the turn around to the PAT is pretty quick. However, a lot of people fail. People have to remember, this department only has 600+ officers, as compared to the NYPD which puts out multiple 600+ academies a year. Therefore MTA is very very specific to who they want to accept and to who just doesn't hear a word after the PAT. Very hard to get into, pretty much like hitting the lottery.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8199 users online. 310 members and 7889 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X