Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been done with everything, waiting. Is it just an email or call as well?

Comment

• HighwayBob
      HighwayBob commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know. One of the guys who got notified would have to speak up!

• Birdieshot13
      Birdieshot13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just an email

• Is it safe to say that if weren't selected for exam, the dream is over?

Comment

• HighwayBob
      HighwayBob commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd say give it until the end of January. There is a lot up in the air right now.

• For those who got emails last week for the 1/22 hire did they come all at one time or were they sent out at various points throughout the day?

Comment

• Hey everyone...check your E-mails additional letters went out for FEB 5 start dates....

Comment

• Is anybody having problems with open CCRB’s?

Comment

• F Cas
          F Cas commented
          Editing a comment
          Still waiting on the final offer of employment because of the open CCRB crye088

• Surffish
          Surffish commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey bro yeah I have an open ccrb but I got a letter of employment but was contacted by my investigator after I received my letter of employment, that I have a ccrb and have to wait to get it closed out. It sucks I called ccrb to try to speed it up cause my hire date is Jan 22nd. The ccrb guy seemed chill but we shall see. Words can’t explain how badly I wanna leave. Best info I can give call ccrb and ask your investigator to speed it up. That’s what I did so my future is in this guys hands just staying positive.
          Last edited by Surffish; 01-07-2020, 02:54 PM.

• F Cas
          F Cas commented
          Editing a comment
          Surffish yeah I tried that but CCRB is not having it! They flat out told me they are not going to speed it up for anybody and that it will take whatever time it takes to close it out. I even tried getting the PBA involved but no luck.

• Surffish
          Surffish commented
          Editing a comment
          @F case I had the same experience with the pba but my ccrb guy seemed pretty chill I had someone of hire rank call we will see if he does anything. I can’t wait to leave and never have to deal with stupid ccrbs. Cause an edp can make ccrb when the person suffers from it’s and and has a weapon I guess that’s a thing. Just hang in there and stay positive!thats what I’m doing we should look into it if you can sue them possibly for prolonging our process
          Last edited by Surffish; 01-11-2020, 03:34 PM.

• Any body know how the process works for the transition from NYPD to MTA PD? Is the orientation date is the hiring date or some date after that? When should I resign the NYPD? The email didn’t say anything about that.

Comment

• HighwayBob
          HighwayBob commented
          Editing a comment
          I have no idea what you're asking. Your hire date is in your final offer of employment letter. I don't know what orientation you're talking about.

You would have to resign from another law enforcement job the day before you get hired.Not sure if you could do it that day. Ask your investigator.

• feifeizai
          feifeizai commented
          Editing a comment
          I received the offer letter and it said “Your orientation is scheduled to take place on February 05, 2020, at 2 Broadway, 20th” so that’s why I’m a little bit confused. Thanks for the reply.

• HighwayBob
          HighwayBob commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, that's a stupid way to word it. That's your hire date. You can just confirm that with your investigator or if you have another contact email for someone in HR you can try them if it would make you feel better.

With that wording I understand the confusion.

• FLM17
          FLM17 commented
          Editing a comment
          Valid question. I was thinking the same thing.

• anyone know how many got called for 1/22 and or 2/5??.. and are they also calling people for 1/29? Happy New Year. Thanks

Comment

• Should be 40 each date.

Comment

• nybluuline
            nybluuline commented
            Editing a comment
            Seems a lot took the 2 tests they gave. Is it looking more towards no more exams since they’ll most likely be able to reach the 500

• HighwayBob
            HighwayBob commented
            Editing a comment
            It's doubtful they''l reach 500.

• thanks HighwayBob.... do you know if it that includes 1/29...also??..1/29 hasn't been mention in here, but has been around the NYPD

Comment

• Embru26
            Embru26 commented
            Editing a comment
            They did contact people for 1/29

• The last two Wednesdays in January and the first two in February there are 40 scheduled hires each week. The last week may not hit 40 because apparently there are not enough applicants who passed everything to fill those spots. It was originally planned to hire 60 each week but that was cut back due to a lack of qualified candidates.

Comment

• Tom(Ret)
            Tom(Ret) commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the info....

• Segurosky3410
            Segurosky3410 commented
            Editing a comment
            They need to let the ppl who didn't test a shot.

• Does anybody have any further info on what to expect at orientation? How long it’ll be, if it’ll all take place in Lower Manhattan, etc. Just curious what to expect.

Comment

• It's at 2 Broadway. You'll be filling out HR forms, insurance stuff, getting your ID cards, Metrocards, etc. Probably be the whole day. You should get some idea what you'll be doing in the weeks after you get hired. Field Training, track safety, training, etc.

Comment

• Dj121
              Dj121 commented
              Editing a comment
              Received the email for Feb 12th. It also says I’ll receive an email from the business service center with things to fill out prior to orientation. For those who received the hire email, did you also receive something from the service center?

• onthejob806
              onthejob806 commented
              Editing a comment
              same no email yet. give it some time

• BSC can be a nightmare, although they've gotten better over the years. Whatever they send you won't be critical and I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Comment

• Hey all. I’d appreciate feedback from anyone in regards to FDNY FF v. MTA PO. Ultimately I understand that both jobs are different, great careers and it depends whether you want to be a LEO or put out fires, however just looking for some opinions in regards to what others would/are contemplating, since I know some guys are going through both.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLM17 View Post
                Hey all. I’d appreciate feedback from anyone in regards to FDNY FF v. MTA PO. Ultimately I understand that both jobs are different, great careers and it depends whether you want to be a LEO or put out fires, however just looking for some opinions in regards to what others would/are contemplating, since I know some guys are going through both.
                I’d say this is definitely all preference. You’ll make more as an MTA cop than you would as an FDNY firefighter. Both have great schedules. But you should also take tiers into consideration. Right now mta is still a 20 year retirement while fdny is 22.5 but you basically have to do 25 for full retirement benefits. With the current climate I wouldn’t blame anybody for wanting to get out of Law enforcement but I think it’s safe to say MTA doesn’t deal with nearly as much nonsense as nypd.

Comment

• FLM17
                  FLM17 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks bud, appreciate it

• feifeizai
                  feifeizai commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agree! Based on what I know from NYPD, different commands could also bring different shows, probably same as FDNY FFs. If you work in some busy area you will more likely walk into some civilian's drama (which is where I come form), but if you works in some nice area you may encounter with some administrative drama. But one time I was standing on a fix post in COLD WINDY WINTER NIGHT with running nose in Brooklyn and I need to borrow a bathroom from a fire station right across the street, I was welcomed by eight super friendly FFs(Thank You!), they were all enjoying watching TV in the worm fire station with Coffey smell in the air and multiple uncooked stakes on the kitchen table. From that point I realized there is no comparison between these two job. LOL (love you guys). If the pay is not the main concern, try to picture yourself stand in one location for 12 hours a day with some weight on your body.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6080 users online. 446 members and 5634 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X