Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any1 else who had panel interview get an investigator assigned to them?

Comment

• onthejob806
      onthejob806 commented
      Editing a comment
      Around 10am. How About You

• Itwasalladream
      Itwasalladream commented
      Editing a comment
      I had mine and got an investigator 3 days after.

• iKiCCS
      iKiCCS commented
      Editing a comment
      same here around 1030 and investigator called me 2 days later

• crye088
      crye088 commented
      Editing a comment
      Had my panel interview this past Tuesday, just got called from an investigator

• It appears they're taking the subway back and will be working alongside NYPD
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• FDEMS
      FDEMS commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea overheard the Sgt the other day saying all the new hires are going into the subway. He also mentioned that the new hires would be hired just after the new year.

• Hey, please would anyone know if they are still sending out emails? Since I only received an email to update my details.

Comment

• FDEMS
      FDEMS commented
      Editing a comment
      The only people who got that email was people who aren’t cops. Are you a cop? If not maybe you’ll have a shot at a different hiring point but right now it’s only rollovers. People who are currently police officers

• Good morning to all. I have been monitoring this forum for quite sometime. Question, I recently applied for the MTA Police Officer position. I’m not a police officer but have a bachelors degree with a GPA of 3.2 and zero felony convictions. Can I be considered for the position? I’m hearing that as of right now, they are only interested in candidates that have police officer experience. Can anybody shed light to this?

Comment

• BA with no felony convictions is nothing to brag about,....those are very basic qualifications.

why are you stating no felony convictions vs no felony arrests?

Comment

• I'm a non LEO and i got the email and had the panel interview already.

The room was all cops from upstate to NYC. when i went up to counter the woman asked me What command am i from. I said FDNY and the room just got very quite with all eyes looking at me like WTF is this guy doing here lololol.

The paper work was asking about my command, ICO, RDO's and what tour i work. Another sheet asked when i took test and my age.

My panel was a Detective and HR rep. The best part of the interview was the HR guy asking how do we proceed with the questions if he is not a Cop. The Detective said he is here so i guess he will have to answer them as best as he can. The questions were very basic and were fair to answer by anyone.

They told me 2 weeks i should here something (NOT GETTING HIRED) would of been more appropriate but i guess they cant say that.

They seemed impressed but from what i can see they are not hiring anyone who is not a cop already.

good luck to the rest of you..
        Nypd Exam: 3314
        Score: 96 list#: 1××

apd-5: ??

medical: ??

written psych: ??

oral psych: ??

met with BI: ??

Jst: ??

Mini-med: ??

New York State Police 10/19/2013

List#

Comment

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          is this for 2019 announcement?

• Mtapd-hopeful
          Mtapd-hopeful commented
          Editing a comment
          276k, I guess I'm in the same boat as you. But I didn't get the confused chatter between HR & PD about not being a cop. I'm in the MTA and work next to the bldg where I got the panel. A spoke to a detective and was told we should hear from HR soon via email. If anything we might get the physical fitness done when they do the applicants who are OTJ get there's. It's at Lehman college in the bronx. Keep running and look up the new cooper standard (includes a 300m sprint)

• Bidstar
          Bidstar commented
          Editing a comment
          Mtapd-hopeful so the running part of the physical test is a 1.5 mile and a 300m sprint? What about push ups how many to pass?

• I am scheduled for a medical a psychological and a poly. No physical mentioned as of yet. Good luck to you all!

Comment

• iKiCCS
          iKiCCS commented
          Editing a comment
          10th of september

• MLNY95
          MLNY95 commented
          Editing a comment
          You meet with BI yet? Have my panel next week best of luck to you.

• iKiCCS
          iKiCCS commented
          Editing a comment
          Nah later this month i meet
          Bi

• crye088
          crye088 commented
          Editing a comment
          When are you scheduled for all your stuff?

• I got an email with a conditional letter of employment today.

Comment

• iKiCCS
          iKiCCS commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here, did urs have a physical date on it?

• FDEMS
          FDEMS commented
          Editing a comment
          Ikiccs it said on the conditional offer that it’s conditional on us passing physical, polygraph, medical, psych, and background investigation so I assume it’s probably going to be in November

• Hey everyone, it’s good to see things seem to be moving along. Does anyone have any info on the pension or the actual yearly salary steps they could PM me? Can’t seem to find that info anywhere. Thanks and good luck to everyone. Got my Panel next week.

Comment

• onthejob806
          onthejob806 commented
          Editing a comment
          Pension is 50% after 20 year and 1.6% extra for every year after that. All your ot dont count towards your pension only 15%.

42,48,52,60,68,78,88,100. Is the steps

• Birdieshot13
          Birdieshot13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, appreciate that

• Embru26
          Embru26 commented
          Editing a comment
          Deleted....
          Last edited by Embru26; 09-27-2019, 11:57 AM.

• onthejob806
          onthejob806 commented
          Editing a comment
          yes highest 5 but thats usually your last 5

• What is the total when you factor in uniform allowance, holiday pay and longevity? Thank you

Comment

• onthejob806
          onthejob806 commented
          Editing a comment
          110 for day to 120 for a midnight schedule from what i hear

• Originally posted by Itwasalladream View Post
        I got an email with a conditional letter of employment today.
        FDEMS, I'm guessing you crossed over to the PD side, so your being put through with all the other OTJ guys?

Comment

• Also was scheduled to meet my investigator. At top pay and currently on the sgt list. Not going to be an easy decision, really have to weigh everything out. Sounds like all new hires will be doing enforcement in the subways but who knows.

Comment

• Yea that’s what I read ( The MTA taking back the subway ). The money is good after 7 years, but still thinking...
            stay humble

Comment

• Originally posted by SVO1983 View Post
              Yea that’s what I read ( The MTA taking back the subway ). The money is good after 7 years, but still thinking...
              It’s the qol that’s hard to pass up. The 12 hour tours alone (if new hires get them) are awesome. What’s your situation now

Comment

• Originally posted by NY2TX View Post

It’s the qol that’s hard to pass up. The 12 hour tours alone (if new hires get them) are awesome. What’s your situation now
                PD now, great commute compared to other guys. Just wondering about the Pol and what ifs you know. I’m in the military teyinf to find out if the MTA is a good as PD with its leave policy. You ?
                stay humble

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8043 users online. 409 members and 7634 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X