300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by west_prime View Post
    Does the NYPD do background investigations?
    Why would NYPD conduct another agency’s background process? I’m hoping that was a typo because that’s absolutely not the case. MTA conducts their own background which is more strict than NYPD’s background process.

Comment

• west_prime
      west_prime commented
      Editing a comment
      I just wasn’t fully sure how it works because NYPD conducts Urban Park Rangers. Which I didn’t think they would do.

• R0B0C0P
      R0B0C0P commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know

• Is anyone else waiting to receive confirmation for the panel interview?

Comment

• MLNY95
      MLNY95 commented
      Editing a comment
      Waiting here. Today was the last day to respond so hopefully today or tomorrow we hear something but definitely this week we will. Also note in the email it says they will get back to us in 72 “business” hours.

• Will an arrest record disqualify me? No felony?

Comment

• Will an arrest record disqualify me? No felony.

Comment

• onthejob806
        onthejob806 commented
        Editing a comment
        i would think so
        Last edited by onthejob806; 11-09-2019, 04:35 PM.

• TrunkS3
        TrunkS3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol no perps is right. Not in your favor if you have a record. Nypd you have a better chance.

• west_prime
        west_prime commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay funny guys

• Does anyone know how the mta is as far as military service goes for reservist ?
      stay humble

Comment

• Segurosky3410
        Segurosky3410 commented
        Editing a comment
        Military friendly. The best department for Military, is NYPD. The drawback with NYPD is the situation with the mayor and the work doest reflect the pay.

• Bidstar
        Bidstar commented
        Editing a comment
        Segurosky3410 I guess the job will get better once DeBlasio is out of office and a competent mayor comes.

• The new MTA Pd posting doesn’t ask for resume or any other substantial info other than prior police and military experience. Feels like they are going only for guys OTJ

Comment

• For everyone who has/had their panel interview today, good luck! How'd y'all make out?

Comment

• crye088
          crye088 commented
          Editing a comment
          iKiCCS, you hear anything regarding a physical or us bypassing some of the process when you were there?

• iKiCCS
          iKiCCS commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry i was so nervous i forgot to ask lol sorry. I meet with my investigator later this month, ill let u guys know of anything changes

• iKiCCS
          iKiCCS commented
          Editing a comment
          What i will say is that i find it a little weird that I'm meeting my investigator... filling out all that mta “apd” paperwork [34 pages] but i never had to do physical or anything... seems like a big waste of time for the investigators to start off with all that you know. But who knows. My *** is back in the gym hittin it hard. Good luck everyone.

• crye088
          crye088 commented
          Editing a comment
          No worries haha but I agree with what you're saying. Sure is "weird" that you're moving along without having done a physical.

• No emails yet :/ anyone know if they are still sending out emails?

Comment

• What is the deadline to apply for the new MTA test? It’s not listed on the website.

Comment

• For us on the job what steps of the hiring process do we have to complete after the interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Rojas View Post
            For us on the job what steps of the hiring process do we have to complete after the interview?
            Looks like everything....

Comment

• crye088
              crye088 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm not so sure of that. People who took the panel interview are already being contacted by background investigators to start that part of the process. Again, this is without having passed a physical. I know everyone has a "hope for the best but expect the worst" mindset, but think about it: why haven't they done a physical yet? Remember, the physical is ALWAYS the first part of the process for this department, so it sure seems like they're bypassing it for guys/gals already otj.

P.S. a co-worker of mine just had his panel interview on Tuesday & was told this process is going to move FAST

• iKiCCS
              iKiCCS commented
              Editing a comment
              ^^ yupp, investigator scheduled my background interview for late October then called me back and said it had to be rescheduled and DONE COMPLETELY By end of this month.

• vinny228
              vinny228 commented
              Editing a comment
              You are all required to complete the regular steps.

• crye088
              crye088 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nah we're good
              Last edited by crye088; 09-12-2019, 10:38 PM.

• This is good for us that’s OTJ. I’m at top pay, and I’m thinking of taking the paycut
            The MTA is hiring 500 new transit police to crack down on assaults and fare evasion on city subways and buses, it announced Thursday.

Comment

• vinny228
              vinny228 commented
              Editing a comment
              Smart move.

• onthejob806
              onthejob806 commented
              Editing a comment
              What pct you at if you dont mind

• Ted Williams
              Ted Williams commented
              Editing a comment
              94, too political for me

• Deleted deleted deleted
            Last edited by onthejob806; 11-09-2019, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys, Did anyone who is civilian received any email yet?

Comment

• Bidstar
                Bidstar commented
                Editing a comment
                Civilian here, I haven't received nothing yet.

• What is the score needed to be called? Is it like Nassau/Suffolk where you need to score 90+ to even be contacted? Nvm just saw it's pass/fail.
              Last edited by headphones1225; 09-13-2019, 04:13 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8278 users online. 415 members and 7863 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X