Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://hcm.mymta.info/psc/HCPRD/SEL...FrameName=None

Comment

Hey guys a couple of detailed questions here to someone that might be on the force or has tremendous inside info.

1) Is the MTAPD's pension scheme the same as the state's new tier 6 or do they use the MTA's? Meaning 20 and out, pensionable OT and the best three years? Also LODD benefits?

2) How is command devided up? If I'm from LI do I get a choice for Penn or a region out here, or is it expected that I move on a rotating basis my rookie year?

3) Speaking of which are all officers required to have CT state training or only those stationed up there? Also does that mean if you have it or selected for it you can't be as readily moved from CT to NY commands? Also as MNRR uses NJT consists West of the Hudson, does that mean NJ law is also needed for that command?

4) Finally, how micromanaged are you? Is it expected that if you work away from the city's terminal zones that you are more state trooper/rural county deputy like, or is it normal to have your sarge down your neck? Also is it an expectation in the areas away from NYC that you have local police as well as MTA police radio on?

Comment

Originally posted by Airlinerd View Post
        Hey guys a couple of detailed questions here to someone that might be on the force or has tremendous inside info.

1) Is the MTAPD's pension scheme the same as the state's new tier 6 or do they use the MTA's? Meaning 20 and out, pensionable OT and the best three years? Also LODD benefits?

2) How is command devided up? If I'm from LI do I get a choice for Penn or a region out here, or is it expected that I move on a rotating basis my rookie year?

3) Speaking of which are all officers required to have CT state training or only those stationed up there? Also does that mean if you have it or selected for it you can't be as readily moved from CT to NY commands? Also as MNRR uses NJT consists West of the Hudson, does that mean NJ law is also needed for that command?

4) Finally, how micromanaged are you? Is it expected that if you work away from the city's terminal zones that you are more state trooper/rural county deputy like, or is it normal to have your sarge down your neck? Also is it an expectation in the areas away from NYC that you have local police as well as MTA police radio on?
        I was in the NYPD academy with a handful of MTA officers whom I still am good friends with so I am happy to answer some of your questions.

1. They bid for a work location each year (Example: Penn Station workdays fri, sat, sun night shift, or westchester mon,tues,weds days). Seniority will be the determining factor on your ability to obtain a bid you want.
        2. ALL of them from my understanding go to CT for a month post the academy for training on CT state law.

Comment

Does anyone know who is the test provider of the MTAPD written exam? I want to study before hand...

Comment

Originally posted by irisb View Post
            Does anyone know who is the test provider of the MTAPD written exam? I want to study before hand...
            Only thing you can practice is the memory part the rest of the test is basic reading comprehension and basic math. Nothing to really study

Comment

Wanted to work more on my time management for the entire test...anyone else have info on the test?

Comment

If you are a LEO in up state NY do you have to go through another academy when/if hired?
                "Gun fights are WON in Seconds, Inches and Angles:

Call 912.. We come faster.

Comment

Originally posted by KBonk View Post
                  If you are a LEO in up state NY do you have to go through another academy when/if hired?
                  Yes
                  SCPD written test: 105
                  PAT: Passed
                  Bi:Passed
                  Medical: Passed
                  Written Psych: Passed
                  Oral Psych: Passed
                  Polygraph: Passed
                  Academy:?!?!?!

Comment

Do your years carry over from NYPD to MTA regarding pay and retirement?

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBombers View Post
                      Do your years carry over from NYPD to MTA regarding pay and retirement?
                      Only retirement on the back end after 15 years.

Comment

Any estimate how long of time it will take to see if we were selected for this test? Should we be waiting days weeks or months to see if we were selected?

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical1 View Post
                          Any estimate how long of time it will take to see if we were selected for this test? Should we be waiting days weeks or months to see if we were selected?
                          Months. Honestly, it's probably best to forget you signed up until you see the email saying you were selected.
                          MTAPD
                          Physical: 6/4
                          Panel: 6/15
                          BI: 8/24

SCPD
                          Score: 95
                          Lotto: 24xx

Comment

Originally posted by cam36 View Post
                            Months. Honestly, it's probably best to forget you signed up until you see the email saying you were selected.
                            Roger that, thanks bud

Comment

Originally posted by Airlinerd View Post

1. 20 year pension, tier 6 rules regarding overtime.

2. Most new guys are designated Northern region, basically Grand Central all the way up to Poughkeepsie area and CT. Eastern region covers Penn and LI. Southern is Staten Island. At the end of every year, you bid a job for the following year. New guys tend to work gct or Penn on weekends and as you go up in seniority, you're more likely to reach the other parts of LI or Dutchess county and have better days off.

3. We go through a couple weeks of training after the academy in CT to cover some law items and you get a refresher every couple years. Nothing related to NJ law as we only handle that line on the NY side.

4. Terminals are very micromanaged always gonna have a sgt around and a lot of brass walking around especially in gct. You have more breathing room when you get out of the city and head north or further out on LI. Our radios can pick up channels from Troopers, local PDs, 911, etc. North of the city you're free to do car stops as you see fit on the highways while you're driving and at the stations. Some guys like to back up locals if they can which I think is a great way to make connections

Comment

Anyone have any insight on when the written test will be offered if selected?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8587 users online. 442 members and 8145 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X