300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bassboy View Post

Do ypu know when they going thru the academy? Is it right away? I just want to have a feel of what to expect after taking the test.. Do you think we should be able to completely do the process in 2017?
    Any rollovers in that group will start our training right away. New cops will be in the NYPDs January class.

After the written exam, it usually takes a year before they get a group into the academy. May be sooner since they're looking to hire a lot more over the next few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by pcmasterrace View Post
      anyone from south shore long island that is taking the test at midwood hs want to carpool? i got room in my car
      I'm down to carpool bro. LMK

Comment

• Originally posted by Bassboy View Post

I am.. Well at least thats what i think. I am scheduled to take it, but i can also opt to restart the hiring process from a test I took in 2012 which it's still active. I already didcthe paperwork to restart the process but also figured it wouldnt hurt to retake it. Just in case
        Good luck ! I would retake it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by RailMan96 View Post

That email with the study guide has the admission letter that you need to bring with you to the test site. You need to get into contact with the MTA immediately.

As far as the study guide I'm browsing through it now and it's very similar to the NYPD practice exam. You can Google it, pretty much identical.
          Alright thank you. MTA responded back to me and resent me the admission letter and study guide. If you guys ever thought about AMTRAK PD it comes out once a year and has better pay as it's federally funded so there's a lot of overtime. Just something to keep your eyes open towardsX for when the application comes out.

Comment

• My test is on Feb but i haven't received my follow up email (admission & study guide) yet. Anyone in a same situation?

Comment

• Originally posted by blue1457 View Post

Alright thank you. MTA responded back to me and resent me the admission letter and study guide. If you guys ever thought about AMTRAK PD it comes out once a year and has better pay as it's federally funded so there's a lot of overtime. Just something to keep your eyes open towardsX for when the application comes out.
              Sorry, off-topic...Could you tell me where you read that it has better pay? Everything I've found says it has a top pay of ~$70k. Feel free to PM me.
              MTAPD
              Physical: 6/4
              Panel: 6/15
              BI: 8/24

SCPD
              Score: 95
              Lotto: 24xx

Comment

• Originally posted by blue1457 View Post

It's railroad retirement plan..you have to put in 30 years to collect a full pension, as opposed to 20 or 25 with other agencies. I've also heard there's not much room for promotion and that it's too static and not very interesting compared to other LE jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by cam36 View Post

Sorry, off-topic...Could you tell me where you read that it has better pay? Everything I've found says it has a top pay of ~$70k. Feel free to PM me.
                  Yea I saw the same thing. Top pay of $70K. Does anyone know if it is higher than that? And also what kind of schedule do they work?

Comment

• Originally posted by cam36 View Post

I took the test in 2016. Do not wear a suit– there is zero reason to. Dress in comfortable clothing. Only thing I would mention is do not wear a hat, officers were asking everyone wearing a hat to remove them.
                    That's what I plan on doing, a suit and tie for what is essentially a civil service exam seems a bit excessive IMO.I'm aware that this isn't a civil service position, but the test itself is similar to one.

Comment

• Any updates on when study guides are sent? I have been selected and the date is scheduled for late Feb. I can only assume they send it a few weeks before the test date.
                      Last edited by thebigsnapple; 01-11-2017, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guitarfiend
                        Any idea on when we get our score back from the exam? I take it in the 15th and I wonder if it will be printed right after like the other city exams. Also does our score on the exam matter as long as we pass? A lot of people are telling me it doesn't and that just doesn't seem correct
                        I'm pretty sure we aren't taking the test on a computer so it probably won't be printed after. And yes, your score matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by CloudPuncher View Post

I'm pretty sure we aren't taking the test on a computer so it probably won't be printed after. And yes, your score matters.
                          When I took my conductor exam it was like this. Still no scores btw. MTA tends to have a lot of people take its exams. Be prepared to wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by stark4 View Post
                            My test is on Feb but i haven't received my follow up email (admission & study guide) yet. Anyone in a same situation?
                            Same. My exam is in late Fed and all I have is the test date and payment confirmation.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBubbles View Post

Yea I saw the same thing. Top pay of $70K. Does anyone know if it is higher than that? And also what kind of schedule do they work?
                              Top pay is high 90s- you have to do 35 years but after that you get 90% of your salary each year. You can do 22.5-25 years of civil service and only end up getting half your salary compared to this. They work 4 ten hour shifts a week, Congress passed a law where they can't limit the overtime so I know guys that have made a little over 80K their first year. They are very private about this information.

Comment

• 35 years?? I thought it was 30. Damn that's a long time. I would be 68 when I retired if I started now!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5684 users online. 371 members and 5313 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X