300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by File1 View Post
    I would think that wearing a suit and tie to a written examyou will be seated for 2.5 hours would be seen as impractical. But maybe that's just me.
    Moving forward, every part of this process is a job interview. Treat it as such. It's probably not required to wear a suit but there is no harm in showing up dressed professional. You never know who is watching.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDO. View Post
      We hired over 40 new cops this week, more than double the usual number. Looking good for all you guys that recently applied. Stay on the straight and narrow throughout the whole process. Good luck everyone.
      Do ypu know when they going thru the academy? Is it right away? I just want to have a feel of what to expect after taking the test.. Do you think we should be able to completely do the process in 2017?

Comment

• Originally posted by BP3 View Post

Moving forward, every part of this process is a job interview. Treat it as such. It's probably not required to wear a suit but there is no harm in showing up dressed professional. You never know who is watching.
        I totally agree. I do not think they would require a formal dress code for test day, as it is an informal setting.. Plus they would've said something in the invitation about it if they want it us to wear a suit.

Good luck to everyone! Hopefully we all pass and can continue on!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow99 View Post
          Are you guys/gals wearing a suit and tie to the test next week or dressing casual?
          I took the test in 2016. Do not wear a suit– there is zero reason to. Dress in comfortable clothing. Only thing I would mention is do not wear a hat, officers were asking everyone wearing a hat to remove them.
          MTAPD
          Physical: 6/4
          Panel: 6/15
          BI: 8/24

SCPD
          Score: 95
          Lotto: 24xx

Comment

• Originally posted by cam36 View Post

I took the test in 2016. Do not wear a suit– there is zero reason to. Dress in comfortable clothing. Only thing I would mention is do not wear a hat, officers were asking everyone wearing a hat to remove them.
            How's your process going? Any updates? Are you thinking about NYPD also?

Comment

• Is there only 1 location for this test (Brooklyn HS)?

Comment

• Is anyone on here also taking the NYPD exam this month?

Comment

• Originally posted by FinestInBlue View Post
                  Is anyone on here also taking the NYPD exam this month?
                  I am.. Well at least thats what i think. I am scheduled to take it, but i can also opt to restart the hiring process from a test I took in 2012 which it's still active. I already didcthe paperwork to restart the process but also figured it wouldnt hurt to retake it. Just in case

Comment

• Originally posted by Bassboy View Post

How's your process going? Any updates? Are you thinking about NYPD also?
                    Going well. Hoping things pick up and the April academy is a possibility. Negative, I won't be taking the NYPD exam. Hoping MTA or Suffolk works out.
                    MTAPD
                    Physical: 6/4
                    Panel: 6/15
                    BI: 8/24

SCPD
                    Score: 95
                    Lotto: 24xx

Comment

• Originally posted by cam36 View Post

Going well. Hoping things pick up and the April academy is a possibility. Negative, I won't be taking the NYPD exam. Hoping MTA or Suffolk works out.
                      Im hoping for April also. Either NYPD or MTAPD!! Lets see what happens

Comment

• Originally posted by rposada View Post
                        Is there only 1 location for this test (Brooklyn HS)?
                        I believe the brooklyn location is the only location

Comment

• I'm scheduled to take the test Sunday Jan 15. I deleted my email, does anyone have the link for the study guide? MTA still hasn't gotten back to me. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by blue1457 View Post
                            I'm scheduled to take the test Sunday Jan 15. I deleted my email, does anyone have the link for the study guide? MTA still hasn't gotten back to me. Thanks, I appreciate it.
                            That email with the study guide has the admission letter that you need to bring with you to the test site. You need to get into contact with the MTA immediately.

As far as the study guide I'm browsing through it now and it's very similar to the NYPD practice exam. You can Google it, pretty much identical.

Comment

• anyone from south shore long island that is taking the test at midwood hs want to carpool? i got room in my car

Comment

• Originally posted by BP3 View Post

Agreed. Most people wear suit and tie for the exam and you should for every step aside from the physical obviously.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2879 users online. 196 members and 2683 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X