Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 MTAPD Exam Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ctMOS View Post

    Mta uses the 50th percentile...cooper test also changed and its no longer the sit and reach but is a 300m sprint instead
    Where are the new standards posted?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Shadow99 View Post

      Where are the new standards posted?
      I havent been able to find them anywhere, so i guess se have to wait until we get the letter for the agility test to know for sure. I think the best advice I can give you is be ready for anything. Prepare yourself.

      Comment


      • How long you think it will be from the time we take the test to the time they let us know the results!?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Shadow99 View Post

          Where are the new standards posted?

          Here are the new standards used from CHIP Inc. who is contracted out the majority of the time for Connecticut fitness assessments, MTA Police are CT POST certified so they need to use the same assessment. In regards to percentiles, there are percentiles (10-90) that the Cooper institute has created with 10 being the low end of resukts and 90 being the high, to graduate from the CT Police Academy you need to pass the test at the 50th percentile, and being that MTA is POST certified the same standards apply

          https://www.chip-inc.com/test/standards.asp


          Comment


          • Originally posted by ctMOS View Post


            Here are the new standards used from CHIP Inc. who is contracted out the majority of the time for Connecticut fitness assessments, MTA Police are CT POST certified so they need to use the same assessment. In regards to percentiles, there are percentiles (10-90) that the Cooper institute has created with 10 being the low end of resukts and 90 being the high, to graduate from the CT Police Academy you need to pass the test at the 50th percentile, and being that MTA is POST certified the same standards apply

            https://www.chip-inc.com/test/standards.asp

            Are you positive they administer the test for MTAPD? ...
            by the way guys, I talked to a buddy of mine who was supposed to take the Agility test this past June and he was supposed to go to Lehman College in the Bronx. So that might be were we take it as well. Just thought i should throw that out there

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Bassboy View Post

              Are you positive they administer the test for MTAPD? ...
              by the way guys, I talked to a buddy of mine who was supposed to take the Agility test this past June and he was supposed to go to Lehman College in the Bronx. So that might be were we take it as well. Just thought i should throw that out there
              They dont administer it for MTA, its the same standards though. Some CT agencies dont even use them its just a company that does it but they have the standards on their website, they are the Cooper standards

              Comment


              • Hey guys, I paid my application fee last month but I still have not received a test date or location....I only received a Payment confirmation 2 weeks ago. I notice that anytime I get an E-Mail from MTA that there is no body in the E-Mail only a subject line, which I found kind of unprofessional.

                Is it normal to not have been given a test date or location yet? I hope my emails aren't corrupt or something....HELP!!

                Comment


                • Don't worry you'll get it. If you only received payment confirmation 2 weeks ago it could be another 2 weeks at least. I had a month between payment confirmation and receiving my actual test date. If you don't hear anything after 2-4 weeks, go back a page or 2 in this thread for instructions on what to do.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Tactical1 View Post
                    Hey guys, I paid my application fee last month but I still have not received a test date or location....I only received a Payment confirmation 2 weeks ago. I notice that anytime I get an E-Mail from MTA that there is no body in the E-Mail only a subject line, which I found kind of unprofessional.

                    Is it normal to not have been given a test date or location yet? I hope my emails aren't corrupt or something....HELP!!
                    Did u try checking your SPAM? .. You can also contact MTA directly. Call the BSC(business service center)

                    Comment


                    • I appreciate the help guys.

                      Comment


                      • We hired over 40 new cops this week, more than double the usual number. Looking good for all you guys that recently applied. Stay on the straight and narrow throughout the whole process. Good luck everyone.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by FutureMos View Post
                          Taking the Exam on February 12th, very excited as this is my dream job/department. Good luck everyone!!!
                          Did you get a time yet or just the test date in February 12th like I did.

                          Comment


                          • I went through the the academy in 2005, have been OTJ since. This is the first test/process I am nervous about. I know how great this opportunity is. Not to mention it is my last chance at 33 years old to have a great career. Good luck to all that are processing. Be safe out there.

                            Comment


                            • Are you guys/gals wearing a suit and tie to the test next week or dressing casual?

                              Comment


                              • I would think that wearing a suit and tie to a written examyou will be seated for 2.5 hours would be seen as impractical. But maybe that's just me.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5262 users online. 399 members and 4863 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X