Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know where to contact the MTA employment? I am scheduled for 1:00 pm on the 22nd but I have to work that afternoon (LEO), and won't be able to get out of it.

Comment

• I posted a few pages back but my post got buried, does anyone know the requirements for the agility exam and the medical (IE: vision)?

Comment

• Originally posted by soxxx View Post
        Anyone know where to contact the MTA employment? I am scheduled for 1:00 pm on the 22nd but I have to work that afternoon (LEO), and won't be able to get out of it.
        Call the BSC (MTA Customer Service) 646-376-0123 and explain ypur situation!! They might be able to help. Although to be honest witg you, i work for MTA and they suck at certain things

Comment

• Originally posted by Bassboy View Post

Call the BSC (MTA Customer Service) 646-376-0123 and explain ypur situation!! They might be able to help. Although to be honest witg you, i work for MTA and they suck at certain things
          I found their email, thanks though, and yeah im not expecting them to change it, if I cant take it, it is what it is.

Comment

I found their email, thanks though, and yeah im not expecting them to change it, if I cant take it, it is what it is.
            Take on Eday or a tour change. Don't pass this up

Comment

Anyone know where to contact the MTA employment? I am scheduled for 1:00 pm on the 22nd but I have to work that afternoon (LEO), and won't be able to get out of it.
              Agreed with post above. The BSC will have to create a ticket and then route your query to the proper department. Given the holidays, it may take a couple weeks to get a response.

I also got my instructions. 7:45am Jan 22nd. Midwood high, Brooklyn. Good luck everyone.
              Last edited by Dunee88; 12-24-2016, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• I got my invite for 7:45am Jan 22nd as well. Good luck to all, be safe out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow99 View Post
                  I posted a few pages back but my post got buried, does anyone know the requirements for the agility exam and the medical (IE: vision)?
                  I think the exact specifics are unknown to most of us.. But maybe a PD officer can clear it up for us

Comment

• Originally posted by Bassboy View Post

I think the exact specifics are unknown to most of us.. But maybe a PD officer can clear it up for us
                    Well I mean, they have to tell you the requirements if you get called back for the agility right? Some previous applicants have to know.

Comment

• Don't quote me on this because I have not been through the process. I believe they use the cooper police standards you can find charts online. Either the 50th or 55th percentile. Push ups, sit ups, 1.5 mile run, and sit and reach. Where you sit and push a device forward to measure flexibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by File1 View Post
                        Don't quote me on this because I have not been through the process. I believe they use the cooper police standards you can find charts online. Either the 50th or 55th percentile. Push ups, sit ups, 1.5 mile run, and sit and reach. Where you sit and push a device forward to measure flexibility.
                        Mta uses the 50th percentile...cooper test also changed and its no longer the sit and reach but is a 300m sprint instead

Comment

• Originally posted by ctMOS View Post

Mta uses the 50th percentile...cooper test also changed and its no longer the sit and reach but is a 300m sprint instead
                          Yeh an officer told me they no longer do the sit and reach. Someone with long legs or short arms would be at a clear disadvantage

Comment

• Has the MTA adopted the 300 meter sprint as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dunee88 View Post

Yeh an officer told me they no longer do the sit and reach. Someone with long legs or short arms would be at a clear disadvantage
                              Yeah i always thought that sit and reach stuff was stupid! Glad they got rid of it

Comment

• Originally posted by ctMOS View Post

What do u mean by the 50th percentile?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5153 users online. 395 members and 4758 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X