Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im pretty sure it says 4 weeks prior, in all likelihood our test isnt until January 22nd. I hope its not in Brooklyn, Im above the city, perhaps the people in Long Island got put in for Brooklyn and the rest will be Manhattan or Bronx.

Comment

• Originally posted by cam36 View Post

Negative. They only put 10-20 "new" recruits in a class at a time. Not sure how many roll-overs they hire. From what I've heard they are looking to hire over 100 officers. Take it with a grain of salt.
      Gotcha. Also, for the people who are taking the January exam, I'm assuming it's possible that it can be years before we get called back (IF we get called back), or is there a good chance we'll be able to do the process in 2017? I just want to know kind of expectations to have going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow99 View Post
        Gotcha. Also, for the people who are taking the January exam, I'm assuming it's possible that it can be years before we get called back (IF we get called back), or is there a good chance we'll be able to do the process in 2017? I just want to know kind of expectations to have going on.
        Im assuming they are looking to hire fairly quickly since they have multiple exam dates and supposedly a great need for officers.. Lets play the game and see what happens

Comment

• Originally posted by Bassboy View Post

Im assuming they are looking to hire fairly quickly since they have multiple exam dates and supposedly a great need for officers.. Lets play the game and see what happens
          I wonder how many people got selected for this process? Are we talking dozens, hundreds, over a thousand?

Comment

I wonder how many people got selected for this process? Are we talking dozens, hundreds, over a thousand?
            Hundreds I would assume.. Then weed out thru the process and f u c k f u c k games.. Maybe hire 70 or less

Comment

I'm sure it's likely that candidates selected from the 2017 exam will start the process in 2017. However, I don't know the likelihood of actually finishing everything in 2017. To give a little perspective, I took the 2016 exam earlier this year, did my physical and panel in June and background interview in August. I've been in a holding pattern ever since– no DQ letter, though. Not saying it will be the same case for everyone, but I wanted to give a sense of the timing I've experienced.
              MTAPD
              Physical: 6/4
              Panel: 6/15
              BI: 8/24

SCPD
              Score: 95
              Lotto: 24xx

Comment

• Originally posted by cam36 View Post

I'm sure it's likely that candidates selected from the 2017 exam will start the process in 2017. However, I don't know the likelihood of actually finishing everything in 2017. To give a little perspective, I took the 2016 exam earlier this year, did my physical and panel in June and background interview in August. I've been in a holding pattern ever since– no DQ letter, though. Not saying it will be the same case for everyone, but I wanted to give a sense of the timing I've experienced.
                Whats the poly like? What company does it? I want to learn ad much as possible. I hate polys and want to prepare myself.. Do they ask a lot of questions? Or is it short? They give u results right there?

Comment

Whats the poly like? What company does it? I want to learn ad much as possible. I hate polys and want to prepare myself.. Do they ask a lot of questions? Or is it short? They give u results right there?
                  Couldn't tell you– I only got up to the background investigation, so far. I'm fairly certain the poly is very structured and the number of questions depends on things that came up in your background interview (i.e. drug/alcohol use, job history, driving record, etc.). Honestly, from my POV, it's best not to think about it and psych yourself out. Just be honest through the entire process and you'll be fine.
                  MTAPD
                  Physical: 6/4
                  Panel: 6/15
                  BI: 8/24

SCPD
                  Score: 95
                  Lotto: 24xx

Comment

• R0B0C0P
                    R0B0C0P commented
                    Editing a comment
                    thanks dude

• anyone for jan 22 get a email yet im still waiting

Comment

• Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
                    anyone for jan 22 get a email yet im still waiting
                    Same here. Im assuming we should get it by today or tomorrow

Comment

• Whenever any of you guys who are waiting on the email for the 22nd gets it, please let us know so we can watch out for it if not call to find out

Comment

• Taking the Exam on February 12th, very excited as this is my dream job/department. Good luck everyone!!!

Comment

• Finally! Just got my admission letter! Jan 22nd. 0745 AM.
                          Brooklyn

Comment

Finally! Just got my admission letter! Jan 22nd. 0745 AM.
                            Brooklyn

At Midwod Highschool? If so I'll be there too at the same time. Man I'm not looking forward to getting up at 5am Lol.

I browsed through the study guide and it looks like a regular civil service exam so that made me feel good. Good luck to you brother.

Comment

• Originally posted by RailMan96 View Post

At Midwod Highschool? If so I'll be there too at the same time. Man I'm not looking forward to getting up at 5am Lol.

I browsed through the study guide and it looks like a regular civil service exam so that made me feel good. Good luck to you brother.
                              Yea brother midwood high.. Anyone here in the bronx wanting to carpool? I dont feel like driving that day I bet theres gonna be no parking.. Good luck to you as well!! And to everybody else! Hopefully we kill this test and move on with the process

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2934 users online. 210 members and 2724 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X