Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still didn't get an email

Update : got it
    Last edited by Shadow99; 12-16-2016, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Received the admission form and study guide today. I'm taking the exam at Midwood High School on Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 1:00 PM

Comment

• I am there on the 15th too, I guess we are the first day of testing

Comment

• Originally posted by LEN9 View Post
          Received the admission form and study guide today. I'm taking the exam at Midwood High School on Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 1:00 PM
          I havent received anything.. Should I be worried? What time did u get your email? I called the BSC yesterday to tell them I hadnt received anything and they just said employment would get back to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow99 View Post
            Still didn't get an email

I didnt receive mine yet. Should I worry? Im supposed to be for the 22nd

Comment

Still didn't get an email

Hey bro, should I worry that I did not receive the email with the invite? Im supposed to be going for the test on Jan 22

Comment

• Originally posted by cam36 View Post
                Hey everyone. Thought I'd start a new topic for the 2016 announcement as to not confuse this group of applicants from the 2012 announcement.
                Got any updates on how your process is going?

Comment

• Hello guys ,
                  Listen I am new here and would like to join the community and get some feedback on a couple of things. I am a doorman in the city and a part time accountant, i have a bachelors in business from a Cuny in 2014 and i am 24 years old. I am scheduled to take the 2016 mta police exam January 15 , and would basically like to know for me and other newbies a couple of things
                  1) How hard is this exam? Can i "study" for the exam? Is the study guide enough , are there any other resources available? What should i do in preparation for this exam. ?
                  2) if i do pass the exam, how long (estimated) will the next step come ( interview? Physical test etc)
                  3) what are the following steps after the exam and does the mta take a long time ( a year, 2 years? )
                  4) what is the pay for each of the 7 years ( is there alot of OT)
                  5) what is the scheduling like? I know seniority plays a big part but do rookies get stuck with strictly weekend and night shifts all year long?
                  6) whats the easiest / hardest thing on a regular normal day ?
                  7) whats the hardest part of this mta process?
                  8) any tips / advice
                  thanks guys , stay safe !

Comment

• Originally posted by Bassboy View Post

Got any updates on how your process is going?
                    From this year's exam, no update. I handed everything into my investigator at the end of August. No DQ letter and no update. Hoping the process picks up after the new year and maybe April academy will be a possibility.
                    MTAPD
                    Physical: 6/4
                    Panel: 6/15
                    BI: 8/24

SCPD
                    Score: 95
                    Lotto: 24xx

Comment

• How big are the class sizes for MTA PD?

Comment

How big are the class sizes for MTA PD?
                        From what I heard, about 10-20 MTA recruits in a NYPD class.
                        MTAPD

SCPD

Comment

• So out of this whole process, people taking the test in January, only 10-20 of us are getting in?

Comment

So out of this whole process, people taking the test in January, only 10-20 of us are getting in?
                            Negative. They only put 10-20 "new" recruits in a class at a time. Not sure how many roll-overs they hire. From what I've heard they are looking to hire over 100 officers. Take it with a grain of salt.
                            MTAPD

SCPD

Comment

• Plus to add to this^, Some NYPD officers transfer over, therefore these officers do not need to go through an academy.

Comment

• Still no admissions form email.wtf!!?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2859 users online. 191 members and 2668 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X