Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 MTAPD Exam Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Im in the boat with some of you guys. I received an email on November 18th saying i need to pay $40 to take the exam. I was wondering what happens after I take the exam. Is it gonna take long for them to contact me? Do my qualifications matter? I have an associate degree (going to 4 year cuny to get my bachelor) and 4 years active duty with an honorable discharge. I have been studying and preparing for the exam ever since I got the email. I really want this job and have a future. It will change my life. Thank you all.

    Comment


    • What i meant is i didnt even get the email to pay the $40 yet

      Comment


      • Originally posted by isles93 View Post
        What i meant is i didnt even get the email to pay the $40 yet
        11/30/2016 was the last date to get an email to take the exam. If you didnt get any emails to take the test, then you were not "randomly" selected. I'm sorry.

        Comment


        • I received my Police Exam Payment Confirmation e-mail yesterday. I received the original e-mail about the police officer position examination fee on November 22nd and paid the fee the very same day. I know a lot of people received their confirmation right away. I was actually getting worried because it took so long to get mine so it's a definite relief. I was beginning to get worried that I had deleted it by accident without realizing it. The e-mail I received on November 22nd stated that my exam date is January 15, 2017 which is a Sunday. The latest e-mail didn't include the same date though. It just says:

          "Dear Applicant: Thank you for your continued interest in the Police Officer position with the Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
          This email will confirm receipt of your payment and your attendance for the Police Officer written exam scheduled for January 2017"

          and then it states that the admission forms and study guides will be sent four weeks prior to the exam date. We should be seeing the study guides being sent out soon. Next week will be exactly 4 weeks until the exam date for January 15th. So I'm wondering if we will get something by the end of this week or early next week. Either way I'm very excited. Can't wait to see what the study guide is like.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by LEN9 View Post
            I received my Police Exam Payment Confirmation e-mail yesterday. I received the original e-mail about the police officer position examination fee on November 22nd and paid the fee the very same day. I know a lot of people received their confirmation right away. I was actually getting worried because it took so long to get mine so it's a definite relief. I was beginning to get worried that I had deleted it by accident without realizing it. The e-mail I received on November 22nd stated that my exam date is January 15, 2017 which is a Sunday. The latest e-mail didn't include the same date though. It just says:

            "Dear Applicant: Thank you for your continued interest in the Police Officer position with the Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
            This email will confirm receipt of your payment and your attendance for the Police Officer written exam scheduled for January 2017"

            and then it states that the admission forms and study guides will be sent four weeks prior to the exam date. We should be seeing the study guides being sent out soon. Next week will be exactly 4 weeks until the exam date for January 15th. So I'm wondering if we will get something by the end of this week or early next week. Either way I'm very excited. Can't wait to see what the study guide is like.
            Good luck to you mine is on the Sunday after yours. 22nd. I'm hoping The exam consists of mostly What would/should you do scenarios with basic math and stuff. Basically something similar to the civil service exams.

            Jeez I have to study for my finals in school and then for this. I need a break lol.

            Are you going to take the NYPD exam next year? I received an email from them so I'll be taking that too.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by RailMan96 View Post

              Good luck to you mine is on the Sunday after yours. 22nd. I'm hoping The exam consists of mostly What would/should you do scenarios with basic math and stuff. Basically something similar to the civil service exams.

              Jeez I have to study for my finals in school and then for this. I need a break lol.

              Are you going to take the NYPD exam next year? I received an email from them so I'll be taking that too.

              Good luck to you too! And yes, I'm assuming that the MTAPD exam will be similar to other civil service exams. Also, good luck with your finals for school. Study hard lol

              And yes. I'm definitely going to take the NYPD exam next year. I've been waiting to take the NYPD exam for months now. I was so upset when I first learned they suspended the exams for a few months. It will be nice to finally have the chance to take it.

              Comment


              • Today ia the day we are supposed to get the invitation by right? Well at least thats what ir said in one of the emails i received. Im going to wait til around 4PM. If I dont get it by then I will call the BSC (MTA Bussiness Service Center)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by NOOB_718 View Post
                  Im in the boat with some of you guys. I received an email on November 18th saying i need to pay $40 to take the exam. I was wondering what happens after I take the exam. Is it gonna take long for them to contact me? Do my qualifications matter? I have an associate degree (going to 4 year cuny to get my bachelor) and 4 years active duty with an honorable discharge. I have been studying and preparing for the exam ever since I got the email. I really want this job and have a future. It will change my life. Thank you all.
                  Im with you on this one brother. i have been trying to become law enforcement since leaving the mitary. Unfortunately is not easy. They make jump through many hoops for no reason. Hope for the best expect the worst.

                  Comment


                  • I received an exam date. I cant off the top of my head recall the exact date but its in early 2017. For a second I though I wasn't going to hear back. I must have been in the last batch of people invited

                    Comment


                    • Anyone not get an exam date email? I payed just waiting to here date? Still no email

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by txm44 View Post
                        Anyone not get an exam date email? I payed just waiting to here date? Still no email
                        Don't worry it's coming.

                        Comment


                        • Well got it. Anyone going to mid wood? Is there parking at school or street only?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by txm44 View Post
                            Well got it. Anyone going to mid wood? Is there parking at school or street only?
                            Same here

                            Comment


                            • I'm in middle island in Suffolk if anyone wants to car pool

                              Comment


                              • Receive an email to. Taking my exam at Midwood as well. I'm down to carpool nd throw gas $ lmk.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5214 users online. 401 members and 4813 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X