300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CloudPuncher View Post

Actually its anywhere in the tri-state area. NY, NJ or CT.
    Well when he said out of state, im assuming he means out of the tri-state area

Comment

• Originally posted by Bassboy View Post

You do realize in order to be appointed you have to live here right?
      he said to take the test, for which you do not need to live there for.
      Chasing Dreams ...

Comment

• Originally posted by stark4 View Post
        Anyone here live out of state and planing to go to NYC to take the test?
        Originally posted by Bassboy View Post

You do realize in order to be appointed you have to live here right?
        Originally posted by STRiKeR446 View Post

he said to take the test, for which you do not need to live there for.
        I live in FL. I don't have to live in NY, NJ or CT in order to take the test but I do have to be a resident of NY in order to start the training class. Am i right?

Comment

• Yes. You are correct: Time of appointment.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by stark4 View Post

I live in FL. I don't have to live in NY, NJ or CT in order to take the test but I do have to be a resident of NY in order to start the training class. Am i right?
            In FL!? What part? Why the hell would you come over here to freeze your *** off? If could leave for Florida right now, I would

Comment

• Anyone gotten that email yet?

Comment

• The confirmation email stated we would receive the study guides and information 4 weeks before our test, I believe the first test is given Jan 15th, (my test date), so that puts the email coming the week before christmas. The application fees were due today if I remember correctly, so the last of the test takers are filling in the seats in their system. I think they are doing 8 or more testing days either saturday or sunday depending on the weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragon158 View Post
                  The confirmation email stated we would receive the study guides and information 4 weeks before our test, I believe the first test is given Jan 15th, (my test date), so that puts the email coming the week before christmas. The application fees were due today if I remember correctly, so the last of the test takers are filling in the seats in their system. I think they are doing 8 or more testing days either saturday or sunday depending on the weekend.
                  In one of the emails I received. It said that if I didnt get the test invitation by 12/16 I should contact the MTA customer service center for more guidance... Soo im waiting on that.. Hopefully I will get the invite before having to call because I work for MTA and i know how ****ed up they can be

Comment

• Few questions, what are the requirements for the physical agility and the medical as I couldn't find it on their website? Also which part dq's most applicants, is it the psych like papd? Is the academy this year or is this gonna be the kind of exam you take, and can get called back in 3 years? Finally, does a dq from another department kill your chances with mta pd?
                    Last edited by Shadow99; 12-08-2016, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• I applied to take this exam at the same time as a friend did and he received the email regarding taking the exam. So I started checking to see if I received it and little did I know that I did receive a email to pay the fee to take the exam in my Spam mail. The due date I was given to pay the fee by was Nov. 10th but we are in December already and I was unaware it was in my Spam. I sent a email to the department that deals with the exams and the return answer I received was that i wasn't selected for consideration for the exam. I told them I received a email giving me the opportunity to take the exam but I never saw it because it was in my Spam Mail. I made a call and spoke to a lady and she said she would put my request in to see if I can still pay for it and I would receive a response regarding it and I received a response and it said I failed to pay by the deadline. Of course I failed to pay by the deadline if I didn't know there was a deadline and now I am out from taking the examination. I think its not fair how that system works they should find another way to notify.
                      "It drops deep as it does in my breath
                      I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death
                      Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined
                      I think of crime when I'm in a New York State of Mind" -Nasir Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Behindthewalls88 View Post
                        I applied to take this exam at the same time as a friend did and he received the email regarding taking the exam. So I started checking to see if I received it and little did I know that I did receive a email to pay the fee to take the exam in my Spam mail. The due date I was given to pay the fee by was Nov. 10th but we are in December already and I was unaware it was in my Spam. I sent a email to the department that deals with the exams and the return answer I received was that i wasn't selected for consideration for the exam. I told them I received a email giving me the opportunity to take the exam but I never saw it because it was in my Spam Mail. I made a call and spoke to a lady and she said she would put my request in to see if I can still pay for it and I would receive a response regarding it and I received a response and it said I failed to pay by the deadline. Of course I failed to pay by the deadline if I didn't know there was a deadline and now I am out from taking the examination. I think its not fair how that system works they should find another way to notify.
                        Im sorry this happened to you brother, i will definetely keep an eye on my spam from now on.. But hey you still have a chance with NYPD. They have a test coming in January, so if thry havent called u for the previous test you took just retake it and keep your name in the system

Comment

• I still havent received an exam date anyone in the same boat?

Comment

• Same, just "January 2017", however the time (and I'm assuming date) should be included with the study guide they are supposed to be sending.

Comment

• Originally posted by isles93 View Post
                              I still havent received an exam date anyone in the same boat?
                              Just yesterday for some reason a received that email that says im confirmed for January 2017 and I will get the invitation and study guide 4 weeks before.
                              it seemsi got this email way after everybody else did

Comment

• I paid a week ago but just received a payment confirmation email again. This is a 2nd email that i received about payment confirmation. so strange.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2973 users online. 207 members and 2766 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X