300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ru run View Post
    First email I got just said the exam date, not sure if that was the official date, then I paid the fee. I then received 2 emails after that one. Any way good luck to everyone out there.
    I just paid. What two emails did you get? I just got one for my payment confirmation.

Comment

• Just got my email. Just have to register for the exam and wait for a follow up email. The second email (or additional info) will be sent at a later time. It should go to a spam folder so keep a look out.

Comment

• With so many people getting the email to take the test, I'm wondering if it was still random selection to take the test

Comment

• Negative kk30. If you were invited to take the exam and you paid, you will get to take the exam. The next step after that isn't guaranteed but they won't take your money and not let you take the exam.

​​I paid on Nov 4th and I received a second email 2 weeks later but it only says January 2017 and that admission forms and study guides will be sent 4 weeks prior to the test date. Don't sweat it. Worst comes to worst and you don't hear anything in a couple weeks you can just call and give them the payment confirmation number.

Comment

• Anyone on here take the 2012 test and get DQ? Did you apply again this time and happen to get picked again?

Comment

• Question on the exam, does everyone get the chance to take the exam? or they select random people to take the exam?

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by cam36 View Post
                  Just got an email for February 12th. Gotta be good news with the amount of exams they are holding- means lots of hiring.
                  So you took the test last year and are waiting on your background? I work for MTA as security but would love to become a Police officer. Im prior military. What does PAT look like? Exercises and stuff? Are they picky when it comes to BI?

Comment

• Originally posted by FRIZZO View Post
                    Anyone on here take the 2012 test and get DQ? Did you apply again this time and happen to get picked again?
                    I signed up in 2012 and didnt take the test till early 2016 passed, took agility and had an interview after that. I just got a letter recently saying that "I will no longer be considered for the position and that there are other more qualified candidates" I got picked to take this up coming test but I haven't paid yet still deciding if I want to take it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by omaldj68 View Post

I signed up in 2012 and didnt take the test till early 2016 passed, took agility and had an interview after that. I just got a letter recently saying that "I will no longer be considered for the position and that there are other more qualified candidates" I got picked to take this up coming test but I haven't paid yet still deciding if I want to take it again.
                      Well damn that sucks, have you tried other agencies like NYPD or PAPD? It seems like they shafted you, but this isn't a civil service title so they can pretty much do what they want.

Comment

• Originally posted by RailMan96 View Post

Well damn that sucks, have you tried other agencies like NYPD or PAPD? It seems like they shafted you, but this isn't a civil service title so they can pretty much do what they want.
                        Yea I should be getting hired by an agency in nassau county soon so I'm not really phased by MTA

Comment

• Hey, I'm a current NYPD officer. Just got emailed to take the MTA exam. Can someone point me in the right direction with regards to the benefits of the MTA Police? I've been searching but it's like the info is hidden. Here is the information I know and what I would like to know. I would like current benefits information, as in someone who is in the MTA Police and got hired within the past year or 2. I would more than gladly answer any NYPD benefits you may have. I have a year on now.

MTA Police Salary starts at $40k and tops out at $99k in 7 years.
                          1) Is there longevity pay like the NYPD?
                          2) What is the probationary period for MTA Police?
                          3) What is the pension percentage, and how many years do we have to work before reaching retirement?
                          4) Does the MTA do 401k and 457 deferred compensation?
                          5) With regards to overtime, is there a cash or time option like the NYPD does?
                          6) How much vacation time do you start with and what is the max amount of vacation you get? (Easy answer for NYPD, I could answer)
                          7) What is the sick policy?
                          8) Is there disability benefits?
                          9) Does the MTA have good health insurance plans, in terms of cost? (NYPD has an awesome GHI plan which is Free, and you can pay a $3 fee biweekly for an additional rider in case of medications. Amazing deal I'd say)
                          10) Once you are an MTA officer, are there exams to be promoted to a higher rank, how often is that given and what is the last exam you can take before it's discretionary promotions? (I.E NYPD, you take civil service exams until becoming an Captain and then it's a discretionary promotion by the department.)
                          11) Is the increasing rank structure like the NYPD, Officer, Detective, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain.
                          12) Is there any expected monthly activity from an officer (summons, arrests)?

Like I said, I can answer ALL those questions for the NYPD but please first help me gather this knowledge. I want to make a decision whether I should switch departments. You can mention you opinion after letting me know that info. Very much thanks.
                          Last edited by v9ny; 11-26-2016, 06:05 PM. Reason: I left out a key word.

Comment

• Damn you the nail on the head. These are good questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrunkS3 View Post

Np, send me a Pm and I'll give you exacts.
                              could you private message me those figures as well? I'm trying to know more about the MTA PD benefits. Thanks.

Comment

• Just paid my fee to take the exam. Looking forward to this. I'm currently NYC DOC...looking for a way out...lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10372 users online. 353 members and 10019 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X