Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westchester County Correction Officer Exam 2016

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Westchester County Correction Officer Exam 2016

    Hi! This thread is for candidates who have participated in the April 2016 Westchester County Correction Officer Exam.
    I am sure many of you have questions about the hiring process and what county corrections is all about. There are several of us that peruse this forum that can answer your questions and steer you in the right direction.
    Good luck to all the candidates and know that corrections is an honorable profession

    Correction Officers are everyday heroes--second to none!!
    Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 07-01-2016, 06:12 PM.

  • #2
    Do jails stink? Do I ever have to touch an inmate? Can I date other officers? So many many questions !!!! Just kidding. here to help !

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jmartinez View Post
      Do jails stink? Do I ever have to touch an inmate? Can I date other officers? So many many questions !!!! Just kidding. here to help !

      To answer your questions. Maybe to the first--depends on your outlook on corrections. Call SERT on the second. Not a good idea to the third--these jailhouse relationships are doomed to failure and all your personal business is dissimulated in the jail......LOL!!!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Anyone know when the grades will be sent out?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Marker202 View Post
          Anyone know when the grades will be sent out?

          Test papers are graded in Albany and test scores are sent to the various counties that conducted the examinations. You should hear from Westchester County Civil Service within the next month or two.

          Comment


          • #6
            Eh,for some reason Westchester county seems to take longer then that. I've taken 3 Westchester civil service exams over the past for years. All of them were about 6 months to hear anything back.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

              Test papers are graded in Albany and test scores are sent to the various counties that conducted the examinations. You should hear from Westchester County Civil Service within the next month or two.
              Was told this month by someone at Human resources
              NYPD
              Exam: 2311 09/2011
              Passed: 1XX.XX
              List#: 4X
              APD-5: 09/2013
              Medical: 01/24/2014
              Psych Exam: TBD
              Oral Psych: TBD
              Meet BI: TBD
              JST:TBD
              Mini-Medical: TBD

              Comment


              • #8
                This job has a decent starting pay $55,000 if im correct. How long is the acedemy?
                NYPD
                Exam: 2311 09/2011
                Passed: 1XX.XX
                List#: 4X
                APD-5: 09/2013
                Medical: 01/24/2014
                Psych Exam: TBD
                Oral Psych: TBD
                Meet BI: TBD
                JST:TBD
                Mini-Medical: TBD

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by John11226 View Post
                  This job has a decent starting pay $55,000 if im correct. How long is the acedemy?
                  10 week academy then 1 week of OJT in total then you're on your own.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ac316scu View Post
                    10 week academy then 1 week of OJT in total then you're on your own.
                    Get to carry off duty im assumming.
                    Also, how long is the entire process? is it like NYPD?
                    NYPD
                    Exam: 2311 09/2011
                    Passed: 1XX.XX
                    List#: 4X
                    APD-5: 09/2013
                    Medical: 01/24/2014
                    Psych Exam: TBD
                    Oral Psych: TBD
                    Meet BI: TBD
                    JST:TBD
                    Mini-Medical: TBD

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by John11226 View Post
                      Get to carry off duty im assumming.
                      Also, how long is the entire process? is it like NYPD?
                      There is another thread on Westchester corrections. It's the one for the 2012 test. Take some time and read the pages there. A LOT of information there. Check it out,come back and tell us what you think about it. I'm almost certain all your questions will be answered after reading that

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm curious about the hiring process as well. When you receive your test scores do you need to then do an agility exam like for a PO or is it you just wait for the canvass letter and then you do that?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My colleague is correct that there is a lot of good information on the other thread that will answer your questions. To save you some time, you will not start any of the process until you get canvassed. Expect to wait at least a year or two. Take a look at the other thread and give it a good read.
                          Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. An all expenses paid trip with travel, meals, and accommodations included!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jmartinez View Post
                            There is another thread on Westchester corrections. It's the one for the 2012 test. Take some time and read the pages there. A LOT of information there. Check it out,come back and tell us what you think about it. I'm almost certain all your questions will be answered after reading that

                            This happened on Thursday:

                            http://www.dailyfreeman.com/general-...fs-office-says

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by John11226 View Post
                              Get to carry off duty im assumming.
                              Also, how long is the entire process? is it like NYPD?

                              Carrying a firearm is a serious responsibility.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4973 users online. 387 members and 4586 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X