300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Future_Leo91 View Post
    Quick question. Has there been anyone who transfered from other amtrak stations to Penn Station
    I know 2 who did. They had about 5 years on prior to transferring
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by krull View Post

Did you ask for confirmation or did they send one on their own?

As far as I know they only need 12 people, the odds don't look good, but then again you never know.
      Nothing yet ? I still haven't heard anything.
      Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

Originally posted by nycapomts View Post

Nothing yet ? I still haven't heard anything.
        I had a panel interview, met with a investigator and withdrew my application. I decided to go back to my previous job, 8 years less to work before pension and there is more money and advancement opportunities.

Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

Comment

Originally posted by krull View Post

I had a panel interview, met with a investigator and withdrew my application. I decided to go back to my previous job, 8 years less to work before pension and there is more money and advancement opportunities.
          Woow I wish I had that option, I haven't heard anything since submitting the blue book. You most have seen something you didn't like. Also if you don't mind me asking, what agency you work for that it was better stay ?

Comment

Originally posted by nycapomts View Post

Woow I wish I had that option, I haven't heard anything since submitting the blue book. You most have seen something you didn't like. Also if you don't mind me asking, what agency you work for that it was better stay ?
            I don't think its better, but due to my age I felt that doing 22.5 is better that 30, I am a former NYC Correction Officer.
            Last edited by krull; 09-21-2016, 04:20 PM.
            Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

Comment

Brother I hope I get called soon from Amtrak Police , I don't understand why give me a conditional job offer if not going to continue in process.

Comment

Do they pick up guys from Nypd immediately? I have 3 years otj. This job seems way better than mta and port authority.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Williams View Post
                  Do they pick up guys from Nypd immediately? I have 3 years otj. This job seems way better than mta and port authority.
                  I'm not NYPD, but am former SUNY Police and am currently a detective with one of the District Attorney offices here in NYC. Sent in my resume in response to an opening last year, and never heard a thing. One of my former co-workers at the DA's Office got hired by APD earlier this year; I may text him to see what he did to get hired.
                  NYPD Academy - July 2011 Session

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Williams View Post
                    PAPD is DEFINITELY better than Amtrak and so is MTA Police...more money than Amtrak and better pension system. 20 and out in both. NYS Police and Fire Retirement System.

Comment

Did anybody apply for the most recent job posting for NY? Know how many people they are looking to hire and when they want to hire by?
                      NYCD exam 6315
                      Passed, Jan 2016

Comment

I recent applied and I received the assessment test to complete. Was wondering if anyone can help me as I have a few questions.
                        Does anyone know exactly what Amtrak covers? Is it strictly Penn Station in New York?
                        I understand the top pay is $70K, but will it be larger to cover the cost of living in New York?
                        How many years until top pay?
                        Is it a lateral move from NYPD? Or is there some sort of Academy that you'd have to go through?

Comment

Originally posted by Signal_twenty View Post
                          Did anybody apply for the most recent job posting for NY? Know how many people they are looking to hire and when they want to hire by?
                          I applied, just filled out the online assesment. I think they hired 12-15 from the 2015 posting, probably similar to that I would think

Comment

Originally posted by isles93 View Post

I applied, just filled out the online assesment. I think they hired 12-15 from the 2015 posting, probably similar to that I would think
                            Can you do it from a phone or tablet or do you need a desktop? It says mobile device is ok in the email but I don't want to start it and not be able to finish on a mobile/tablet

Comment

Originally posted by steve88 View Post

Can you do it from a phone or tablet or do you need a desktop? It says mobile device is ok in the email but I don't want to start it and not be able to finish on a mobile/tablet
                              I did it on my phone took a half hour

Comment

Originally posted by isles93 View Post

I did it on my phone took a half hour
                                I did the same thing!! Any body hear anything back yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3352 users online. 147 members and 3205 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X