Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amtrak PD- NY

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    ......................
    Last edited by Decided; 07-26-2016, 05:10 PM.
    Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. An all expenses paid trip with travel, meals, and accommodations included!

    Comment


    • #17
      I currently work for the MTA and I have 10 years of service paid into railroad retirement but I can actually retire at 55 and I would collect my MTA pension and when I reach 62 I can start collecting my railroad retirement. I can't speak for Amtrak because I really don't know if you pay into a pension system other than railroad retirement. But I'll say this if you work for the LIRR or Metro-North you'll build a separate pension in addition to your 401k and railroad retirement!


      This is Union Pacific site but it explains all you need to know about railroad retirement!

      http://www.up.com/employee/retirees/.../rrb_benefits/
      Last edited by perpwatcher; 05-30-2016, 10:51 PM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by perpwatcher View Post
        I currently work for the MTA and I have 10 years of service paid into railroad retirement but I can actually retire at 55 and I would collect my MTA pension and when I reach 62 I can start collecting my railroad retirement. I can't speak for Amtrak because I really don't know if you pay into a pension system other than railroad retirement. But I'll say this if you work for the LIRR or Metro-North you'll build a separate pension in addition to your 401k and railroad retirement!


        This is Union Pacific site but it explains all you need to know about railroad retirement!

        http://www.up.com/employee/retirees/.../rrb_benefits/
        Thank you for the info. Be safe.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by ctMOS View Post
          I took Amtrak New Haven's written about a week ago and I got a call asking if I was still interested in the New York process for the test on the 21st. I said yes but explaned I took Amtrak New Haven's exam and the P/O on the phone said I can't then and said she would remove me from the NY process
          I applied for the New Haven position as well and after taking their online personality assessment test I've heard nothing at all, I guess since you took the written test and I never heard about it that I did not advance in their hiring process.

          Comment


          • #20
            So......has anyone received their email yet?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by ctMOS View Post
              I took Amtrak New Haven's written about a week ago and I got a call asking if I was still interested in the New York process for the test on the 21st. I said yes but explaned I took Amtrak New Haven's exam and the P/O on the phone said I can't then and said she would remove me from the NY process
              Hi, I cant find any info on the exam, can you tell us what is covered?
              Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by krull View Post
                Hi, I cant find any info on the exam, can you tell us what is covered?
                It was like a basic entry level police exam, mix of everything

                Comment


                • #23
                  .........................
                  Last edited by Decided; 07-26-2016, 05:10 PM.
                  Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. An all expenses paid trip with travel, meals, and accommodations included!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by ctMOS View Post
                    It was like a basic entry level police exam, mix of everything
                    Thanks
                    Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Any updates? Nothing on my end.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        1st section 40 question , mostly Grammatical, 2nd 45 mins to memorize simple law terms a few crime scenes and mug shots, then about 80 something questions about what you remember plus the Ole navigating a map and auto accident. Last nearly 200 personality questions.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
                          1st section 40 question , mostly Grammatical, 2nd 45 mins to memorize simple law terms a few crime scenes and mug shots, then about 80 something questions about what you remember plus the Ole navigating a map and auto accident. Last nearly 200 personality questions.
                          What is the alotted time allowed to complete the test?
                          Last edited by CelticLEO; 06-03-2016, 01:32 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            45 Mins for the 1st section. 45 mins to review and memorize, then an hour and half I think to answer all question. Last section untimed.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
                              45 Mins for the 1st section. 45 mins to review and memorize, then an hour and half I think to answer all question. Last section untimed.
                              Thank you

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                That's strange.... I wonder why I didn't get a call?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6316 users online. 383 members and 5933 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X