Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Decided; 07-26-2016, 05:10 PM.
    Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. An all expenses paid trip with travel, meals, and accommodations included!

Comment

I currently work for the MTA and I have 10 years of service paid into railroad retirement but I can actually retire at 55 and I would collect my MTA pension and when I reach 62 I can start collecting my railroad retirement. I can't speak for Amtrak because I really don't know if you pay into a pension system other than railroad retirement. But I'll say this if you work for the LIRR or Metro-North you'll build a separate pension in addition to your 401k and railroad retirement!

This is Union Pacific site but it explains all you need to know about railroad retirement!

http://www.up.com/employee/retirees/.../rrb_benefits/
      Last edited by perpwatcher; 05-30-2016, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by perpwatcher View Post
        I currently work for the MTA and I have 10 years of service paid into railroad retirement but I can actually retire at 55 and I would collect my MTA pension and when I reach 62 I can start collecting my railroad retirement. I can't speak for Amtrak because I really don't know if you pay into a pension system other than railroad retirement. But I'll say this if you work for the LIRR or Metro-North you'll build a separate pension in addition to your 401k and railroad retirement!

This is Union Pacific site but it explains all you need to know about railroad retirement!

http://www.up.com/employee/retirees/.../rrb_benefits/
        Thank you for the info. Be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by ctMOS View Post
          I took Amtrak New Haven's written about a week ago and I got a call asking if I was still interested in the New York process for the test on the 21st. I said yes but explaned I took Amtrak New Haven's exam and the P/O on the phone said I can't then and said she would remove me from the NY process
          I applied for the New Haven position as well and after taking their online personality assessment test I've heard nothing at all, I guess since you took the written test and I never heard about it that I did not advance in their hiring process.

Comment

So......has anyone received their email yet?

Comment

I took Amtrak New Haven's written about a week ago and I got a call asking if I was still interested in the New York process for the test on the 21st. I said yes but explaned I took Amtrak New Haven's exam and the P/O on the phone said I can't then and said she would remove me from the NY process
              Hi, I cant find any info on the exam, can you tell us what is covered?
              Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

Comment

Originally posted by krull View Post
                Hi, I cant find any info on the exam, can you tell us what is covered?
                It was like a basic entry level police exam, mix of everything

Comment

Last edited by Decided; 07-26-2016, 05:10 PM.
                  Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. An all expenses paid trip with travel, meals, and accommodations included!

Comment

It was like a basic entry level police exam, mix of everything
                    Thanks
                    Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

Comment

Any updates? Nothing on my end.

Comment

1st section 40 question , mostly Grammatical, 2nd 45 mins to memorize simple law terms a few crime scenes and mug shots, then about 80 something questions about what you remember plus the Ole navigating a map and auto accident. Last nearly 200 personality questions.

Comment

Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
                          1st section 40 question , mostly Grammatical, 2nd 45 mins to memorize simple law terms a few crime scenes and mug shots, then about 80 something questions about what you remember plus the Ole navigating a map and auto accident. Last nearly 200 personality questions.
                          What is the alotted time allowed to complete the test?
                          Last edited by CelticLEO; 06-03-2016, 01:32 PM.

Comment

45 Mins for the 1st section. 45 mins to review and memorize, then an hour and half I think to answer all question. Last section untimed.

Comment

Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
                              45 Mins for the 1st section. 45 mins to review and memorize, then an hour and half I think to answer all question. Last section untimed.
                              Thank you

Comment

That's strange.... I wonder why I didn't get a call?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6316 users online. 383 members and 5933 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X