Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amtrak PD- NY

Hello everyone,

I hope all is well and safe. I would like to p.m. an active Amtrak MOS who is currently in NYS. I have a few questions that need to be answered. I have researched my concerns, received negative results. I appreciate any and all help. Everyone please have a great and safe Memorial day weekend.

x2, received a call to take the written, current NYS LEO. Anybody otj with Amtrak?

Comment

Last edited by markmyvertical91; 05-28-2016, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pats1123 View Post
        x2, received a call to take the written, current NYS LEO. Anybody otj with Amtrak?
        Same here. Did anyone get the email from them because they said they'd be sending an email but never received it.
        Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. An all expenses paid trip with travel, meals, and accommodations included!

Comment

Originally posted by Decided View Post
          Same here. Did anyone get the email from them because they said they'd be sending an email but never received it.
          Received the same call and I also never received an email. When you try looking into their starting salary, it just says "competitive with most law enforcement positions," or something to that effect. I have a bunch of questions myself, if anyone can chime in. Do NJ residents still go to FLETC? Do they still have a 30 year retirement under railroad pension? What does a first year salary look like with overtime? Good luck to all in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by attack View Post
            Received the same call and I also never received an email. When you try looking into their starting salary, it just says "competitive with most law enforcement positions," or something to that effect. I have a bunch of questions myself, if anyone can chime in. Do NJ residents still go to FLETC? Do they still have a 30 year retirement under railroad pension? What does a first year salary look like with overtime? Good luck to all in the process.
            This is copied from their website.

https://police.amtrak.com/index.php/career

Salary and Benefits

Salary competitive with other law enforcement agencies.
            Officer: $48,000.00 - $70,000.00 based on location, level of training, and years of prior experience.
            Communications Officer: $36,712.00 (start @ 90%).
            Security Officer: $42,453.00 (start @ 90%).
            Lateral entry pay - Prior service credit may be available when applicable for the police officer position.
            Opportunity for specialized assignment/promotion after two years of continuous service for the police officer position.
            Medical and dental plans.
            Paid life insurance.
            Participation in a 401K retirement plan.
            Railroad retirement benefits.
            Uniforms, weapons and equipment provided by the Department.
            Paid vacation.
            Tuition reimbursement plan.
            Free rail travel privileges for yourself and your dependents on Amtrak trains nationwide
            Last edited by krull; 05-28-2016, 09:08 PM.
            Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

Comment

When was the announcement for PO in NY? I've only seen Philadelphia for a little while now.
              NYCD exam 6315
              Passed, Jan 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Signal_twenty View Post
                When was the announcement for PO in NY? I've only seen Philadelphia for a little while now.
                November 2015

Comment

If there are any active Amtrak MOS on this forum, it would be greatly appreciated if you can reply to any questions when you have the time. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by attack View Post
                    I can try and answer some of your questions.

-If my memory serves me correctly, APD officers who are stationed in NY who do not currently have their home states police academy will be sent to a NY academy. If you already have one for NJ, then that will suffice per the requirements that you have the certification either in your state of residence or work. I know that there are a couple of officers in NYP that are from PA and have ACT-120 certifications working in NY.

-The current retirement is per the Railroad Retirement Board being 30 years of service and 60 years of age. It seems like a long time but the retirement pension is worth the time.

-I do not currently have the salary for NYP in front of me. It is all based off of GSA Locality with Washington DC being at 0%. There is usually quite a bit of OT to be had at any station.

If you or anyone else has any questions, PM me and I can attempt to answer them for you.

Comment

Originally posted by firefighter-emt View Post
                      I can try and answer some of your questions.

-If my memory serves me correctly, APD officers who are stationed in NY who do not currently have their home states police academy will be sent to a NY academy. If you already have one for NJ, then that will suffice per the requirements that you have the certification either in your state of residence or work. I know that there are a couple of officers in NYP that are from PA and have ACT-120 certifications working in NY.

-The current retirement is per the Railroad Retirement Board being 30 years of service and 60 years of age. It seems like a long time but the retirement pension is worth the time.

-I do not currently have the salary for NYP in front of me. It is all based off of GSA Locality with Washington DC being at 0%. There is usually quite a bit of OT to be had at any station.

If you or anyone else has any questions, PM me and I can attempt to answer them for you.
                      Thank you very much for your response. I sent you a pm. Be safe.

Comment

I was a little confused, I received an email on May 19 asking me to confirm in 24hr for Amtrak PD for the Baltimore Test June 1st in DC.
                        Then I received a phone call like most of you,on May 22, asking me if I was interested in taking the written test for Amtrak PD. After the woman said she would be sending me an email to confirm for June 21st. I was puzzled, Long story short I realize they have me taking two separate test. One for Baltimore and the other for NY. You would think it's the same test. And like many of you I have not received the email for the NY exam.
                        Last edited by handsom4life; 05-29-2016, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
                          I was a little confused, I received an email on May 19 asking me to confirm in 24hr for Amtrak PD for the Baltimore Test June 1st in DC.
                          Then I received a phone call like most of you,on May 22, asking me if I was interested in taking the written test for Amtrak PD. After the woman said she would be sending me an email to confirm for June 21st. I was puzzled, Long story short I realize they have me taking two separate test. One for Baltimore and the other for NY. You would think it's the same test. And like many of you I have not received the email for the NY exam.

Maybe every "region" has their own test?

Comment

Every division conducts its own hiring. Washington and Baltimore (Mid-Atlantic Division South) will conduct their own testing, Philadelphia, Wilmington, Lancaster, and Harrisburg (Mid-Atlantic Division North) will conduct their own, and New York (New York Division) will conduct their own testing. You will have to go through all aspects in each division including written, physical agility, oral interview, and so on.

Comment

I took Amtrak New Haven's written about a week ago and I got a call asking if I was still interested in the New York process for the test on the 21st. I said yes but explaned I took Amtrak New Haven's exam and the P/O on the phone said I can't then and said she would remove me from the NY process

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9598 users online. 446 members and 9152 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X