Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Plains Police Exam November 14, 2015

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • White Plains Police Exam November 14, 2015

    Took the November 14, 2015 White Plains Police Exam and scored an 80. I"ll be an 85 when I get out of the Army next year. I'm not a WP resident so I was alittle worried at first because I heard they had residency preference. I recently talked to one of their civil service reps who adviced me that they don't have residency preference and that they process applicants based on scoring bands after you successfully complete the physical agility test. Hopefully this forum can be used for more insight on the application process. Looking forward to hearing from other applicants

  • #2
    agility is the 21st meng. If its anything like mount vernon, i heard there were some specimens that showed up killing the sit ups and 1.5 mile run like it was practice. To anyone that is like me who is just average or a lil above average GOOD LUCK!

    Comment


    • #3
      Tell me about it I got a 70 which means I have no shot at getting on with the WPPD but I'm still gonna do the PAT test

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by noshenanigans View Post
        agility is the 21st meng. If its anything like mount vernon, i heard there were some specimens that showed up killing the sit ups and 1.5 mile run like it was practice. To anyone that is like me who is just average or a lil above average GOOD LUCK!
        I did 3 years in the army and we average 3-5 mile runs weekly so I hope he would be prepared when he gets out. The people I seen fail at the Mt Vernon agility just weren't prepared Imo. I was given 2 weeks notice to take it for yonkers and some how pulled it off but I was already in decent shape. The sit ups get most people so I would advise him to male sure his sit ups are squared away.
        Yonkers Police Exam
        Date: 3/26/2014
        Score: 90
        List: Zone 3
        Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

        NYC DOC Exam 6315
        Date: 1/9/2016
        Score: 9X.X%
        List: 1XX
        Orientation: 6/24/16
        Medical:6/24/16
        Agility:7/9/16
        Written Psych:8/2/16
        Oral Psych:
        PE:

        Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
        Date: 6/8/16
        Score: 9X.X%






        *US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
          I did 3 years in the army and we average 3-5 mile runs weekly so I hope he would be prepared when he gets out. The people I seen fail at the Mt Vernon agility just weren't prepared Imo. I was given 2 weeks notice to take it for yonkers and some how pulled it off but I was already in decent shape. The sit ups get most people so I would advise him to male sure his sit ups are squared away.
          Did they tell you how long it's going to take to place you in their list?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by noshenanigans View Post
            Did they tell you how long it's going to take to place you in their list?
            I wasn't there for Mt Vernon, Yonkers sent a few of us there 2 piggy back off the Mt Vernon agility. I am 1 of the last group of 90's on the yonkers test so hopefully I hear something before the year is out.
            Yonkers Police Exam
            Date: 3/26/2014
            Score: 90
            List: Zone 3
            Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

            NYC DOC Exam 6315
            Date: 1/9/2016
            Score: 9X.X%
            List: 1XX
            Orientation: 6/24/16
            Medical:6/24/16
            Agility:7/9/16
            Written Psych:8/2/16
            Oral Psych:
            PE:

            Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
            Date: 6/8/16
            Score: 9X.X%






            *US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah I'm good to go on push ups and sit ups. I max them easily on the APFT. My two miles about a 1400 flat. The hump I have to overcome is actually getting a call after the physical agility test to continue the application process. Rochester PD already called me for the their Physical agility test. I'd much rather get on with WPPD though, over Nypd and RPD.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
                I wasn't there for Mt Vernon, Yonkers sent a few of us there 2 piggy back off the Mt Vernon agility. I am 1 of the last group of 90's on the yonkers test so hopefully I hear something before the year is out.
                Iight mang, good luck with this long dragged out process!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Any movement from this exam? Last PAT test was back in August wondering if anyone has heard back from them


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    They said we won't hear back until January or something

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by noshenanigans View Post
                      They said we won't hear back until January or something
                      Okay. Didn't hear anything when we finished our run so was curious to see what was going on. Thanks and good luck


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment

                      MR300x250 Tablet

                      Collapse

                      What's Going On

                      Collapse

                      There are currently 5086 users online. 386 members and 4700 guests.

                      Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                      Welcome Ad

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X