300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you get to choose your precinct?

When you finish the academy... Do you choose your precinct or do they choose for you?

If they choose it for you, what if you live in the Bronx for example, and they put you all the way in coney island?

Then you commute...
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

They send a marked rmp to pick you up

Comment

Originally posted by hwguy1314 View Post
        When you finish the academy... Do you choose your precinct or do they choose for you?

If they choose it for you, what if you live in the Bronx for example, and they put you all the way in coney island?
        image.jpeg

Comment

And if you pi** management off, you learn the meaning of the term, "Freeway Therapy."
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I've wondered this too. Do they assign you somewhere close to your house or wherever there are department needs?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_80 View Post
              I've wondered this too. Do they assign you somewhere close to your house or wherever there are department needs?
              Yeah this is what I wondered. Wouldn't make sense traveling 2 hours to work and 2 hours back in my example. People live everywhere.

I heard if you're an auxiliary you get to choose, I also heard of another thing where you get to choose too, but don't remember it
              Last edited by hwguy1314; 04-10-2016, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hwguy1314 View Post
                Yeah this is what I wondered. Wouldn't make sense traveling 2 hours to work and 2 hours back in my example. People live everywhere.

I heard if you're an auxiliary you get to choose, I also heard of another thing where you get to choose too, but don't remember it
                image.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]14854[/ATTACH]
                  I don't know I just figured they'd let you since other LEO jobs did

Since posting, I asked my ex auxiliary friend (now po) and he got to choose. My auxiliary Sgt from 3 years ago also just told me auxiliaries get to choose if they decide to go to nypd.
                  Last edited by hwguy1314; 04-10-2016, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Come to California. With the cost of housing being so high, we have officers working the San Francisco and Los Angeles metro areas commuting 80 miles one way, every day.
                    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

You get sent wherever. Girl I graduated with works in housing in MN and lives all the way 2 hours away on LI

Comment

Originally posted by TrunkS3 View Post
                        You get sent wherever. Girl I graduated with works in housing in MN and lives all the way 2 hours away on LI
                        That might be what we call a "hook", people from LI don't mind working in Manhattan. Plus its only a train shoot away and it's free lol
                        NYC Corrections Exam: 2322
                        Academy: March 2015 (Got the call!!) NYCDOC

Comment

Originally posted by republicangopmh View Post
                          That might be what we call a "hook", people from LI don't mind working in Manhattan. Plus its only a train shoot away and it's free lol
                          Oh no, Manhattan north housing definitely not hook related lol

Comment

Anyone consider seeing where the chips fall, toughing it out for couple of years and then putting in for a transfer if the commute is unbearable?

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                              Come to California. With the cost of housing being so high, we have officers working the San Francisco and Los Angeles metro areas commuting 80 miles one way, every day.
                              That's a good way to "burn-out" a new car every three years or so!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7051 users online. 385 members and 6666 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X