Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Suffolk County Deputy Sheriff Exam

Board,

Didn't see a listing for this so I thought I would post it up.

https://apps2.suffolkcountyny.gov/ci...e/5531ann.html

The starting pay may be low but it's another opportunity to get your foot in the door.

I submitted an application. Has anybody else?

-BP3

I applied, Do you know if they have a prep exam ?.

Comment

remember you must be a resident of Suffolk for 90 days I believe in order to be appointed.

Comment

The same for the nassaua tests to right ?.

Comment

I registered for the exam a few weeks ago also. I scored high on Suffolk corrections so I'll be moving forward with that but it's worth taking to keep my options open. The last test they barely hired much from so I would assume you'd have to score quite high to have a chance. Since they've been taken off the highways, their need to hire a large amount of recruits is not there. Just basically replacing retirees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had made a thread when the posting went up, got buried tho lol

Comment

Originally posted by SCLE27 View Post
              I registered for the exam a few weeks ago also. I scored high on Suffolk corrections so I'll be moving forward with that but it's worth taking to keep my options open. The last test they barely hired much from so I would assume you'd have to score quite high to have a chance. Since they've been taken off the highways, their need to hire a large amount of recruits is not there. Just basically replacing retirees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their need to hire is still there, they are down from full staffing over is as rampant as scpd and if this contract ever gets settled look for a mass exodus. Rumor is 20-30 for the next class off the old exam.

Comment

Does anyone have an idea on roughly how many they hire per year and what the exam is like? Similar to the city or Suffolk? I know their physical requirements is the same as Suffolk but not sure what the exam is like. Any info is appreciated.

Comment

That salary is really disappointing

Comment

Originally posted by hwguy1314 View Post
                    They start out at what 30 and go up to I believe it's 80 and I'm assuming they get OT

Comment

I heard they are waiting for a new contract though so that would raise the starting salary hopefully
                      FrankdaTank

Comment

Any good study material recommended for the test ?
                        FrankdaTank

Comment

Originally posted by Frankdatank84 View Post
                          I heard they are waiting for a new contract though so that would raise the starting salary hopefully
                          I doubt that, the trend is leaning towards more steps to a lower top pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankdatank84 View Post
                            Any good study material recommended for the test ?
                            Yeah does anyone know what this exam is like?

Comment

Originally posted by hwguy1314 View Post
                              Don't get hung up on that, you'll only make that in the academy and if you go to main squad which is m-f 730-4 weekends and holidays off, which aside from court officers you will not get a schedule like that in law enforcement for yearssssssssss. This is regarded as the best law enforcement job in the county, those who think big blue is a better job are just greedy because aside from the money(most top step deputies are making over 120 easily with a take home car). There are usually a few deps rolling over to each PD class but they only do it for the money(see greedy above) and almost all of them regret leaving.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3899 users online. 236 members and 3663 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X