Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYC Special Officer Exam #6333/6335 (DCAS) and #6334/6336 (HHC)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, just a quick question... unfortunately, last year I was convicted of attempted assault and menacing for something I obviously did not to.. I fought it in trial to make the judge see I’m innocent, but with lack of evidence on the DA’s side, but a good story.. I was wrongfully convicted. With that being said, I take the special officer exam 5/17/18. When I take it, and go through the background checks - will I be able to make it through? This is something I was looking forward to doing. I have proof this case is basically dropped, many people said I will be fine as long as I tell the truth during the psych... would love somebody to give me honest feedback. I know NYPD probably wouldn’t hire me because of the conviction but, DHS or HHC possibly will. I have a college degree and experience in this field...

Comment

• You were found guilty by a jury, not because you didn't have a strong enough story, but because they felt that there was enough evidence...

If you can't even be honest on here...You won't survive the process.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Yea you still have a chance with DHS we'll take any and everyone. I want out.

Comment

• Originally posted by vinnyybk View Post
          Hey guys, just a quick question... unfortunately, last year I was convicted of attempted assault and menacing for something I obviously did not to.. I fought it in trial to make the judge see I’m innocent, but with lack of evidence on the DA’s side, but a good story.. I was wrongfully convicted. With that being said, I take the special officer exam 5/17/18. When I take it, and go through the background checks - will I be able to make it through? This is something I was looking forward to doing. I have proof this case is basically dropped, many people said I will be fine as long as I tell the truth during the psych... would love somebody to give me honest feedback. I know NYPD probably wouldn’t hire me because of the conviction but, DHS or HHC possibly will. I have a college degree and experience in this field...
          What do you mean "the case is basically dropped"?? You had a trial and were convicted. That's pretty much the opposite of the case having been "dropped".

An agency would have to really be scraping the bottom of the barrel to even consider you.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
            You were found guilty by a jury, not because you didn't have a strong enough story, but because they felt that there was enough evidence...

If you can't even be honest on here...You won't survive the process.
            Actually, no it wasn’t a jury trial. It was a judge trial. With no evidence on the other side, it was my word against the other persons word. No pictures, videos or anything involved. I had plenty of charges placed on me and all of them were dropped because he clearly couldn’t find a reason to convict me on THAT. Clearly you have no clue what you’re talking about though. Can anyone with a brain answer my question? I have dispositions and the certification of relief. Most DHS and HHC Officers I spoke with said I just should bring the disposition in and I should be fine. As well as telling the truth on the paperwork.
            Last edited by vinnyybk; 05-16-2018, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Actually, no it wasn’t a jury trial. It was a judge trial. With no evidence on the other side, it was my word against the other persons word. No pictures, videos or anything involved. I had plenty of charges placed on me and all of them were dropped because he clearly couldn’t find a reason to convict me on THAT. Clearly you have no clue what you’re talking about though. Can anyone with a brain answer my question? I have dispositions and the certification of relief. Most DHS and HHC Officers I spoke with said I just should bring the disposition in and I should be fine. As well as telling the truth on the paperwork.
              There's your answer.

Comment

• Vinny.......Quite often when a Criminal Court judge hears a trial, his decision is similar to a plea bargain. The convictions alone are sufficient reason to DQ you. Did you appeal the decision? Rember that any agency investigating you is allowed not only to see the outcome, but also the underlying facts of the case.

Comment

Judges don’t just find someone guilty. They make a ruling based on the facts at hand. Since you have shown a predilection for criminal acts, then attempt to blame society, you want be wearing a badge.

Heres a shinebox for you.
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                    Vinny.......Quite often when a Criminal Court judge hears a trial, his decision is similar to a plea bargain. The convictions alone are sufficient reason to DQ you. Did you appeal the decision? Rember that any agency investigating you is allowed not only to see the outcome, but also the underlying facts of the case.
                    Yes. I appealed it. I even asked for a retrial and was denied upon request. There was no evidence of videos, or proof. They need beyond a reasonable doubt to actual convict.. in this case, I was just one of those unlucky people. There was literally no evidence. Even when I took the stand, I said I met up with the person, but nothing happened. We did argue but my hands did not touch him. 3 days later he went to the precinct and made a whole story up. Out of 11 charges specifically every single one of them were dropped but menacing and attempted assault. He could not prove I did it whatsoever. I was on trial for weeks before he made a decision. He kept post poning the case, to think. When a judge takes that much time to think, with no apparent evidence & on behalf of the person testifying lies that I proved were lies, he didn’t wanna hear it. I am appealing the case... STILL. Everyone said after they looked into my case that this was bs. Big BS. It was obviously a made up story that the person couldn’t even keep up with on the stand. My main thing is, with the disposition and certification of relief which allows me to apply and be hired for majority of jobs, will this bare me? Only time can tell.

Comment

• Vinny.....You have no idea how the trial system in NY works. There are no do overs. Appeals are based upon errors of law, not on what you think you proved. A Certificate of Relief From Civil Disabilities only tells most state agencies that your conviction is not an automatic bar to licensing or employment. Notice, I wrote most agencies. And it does not preclude the use of the arrest and conviction in determining whether to offer a license or job. So you cannot be automatically barred from getting a license as a hairdresser.

Comment

Yes. I appealed it. I even asked for a retrial and was denied upon request. There was no evidence of videos, or proof. They need beyond a reasonable doubt to actual convict.. in this case, I was just one of those unlucky people. There was literally no evidence. Even when I took the stand, I said I met up with the person, but nothing happened. We did argue but my hands did not touch him. 3 days later he went to the precinct and made a whole story up. Out of 11 charges specifically every single one of them were dropped but menacing and attempted assault. He could not prove I did it whatsoever. I was on trial for weeks before he made a decision. He kept post poning the case, to think. When a judge takes that much time to think, with no apparent evidence & on behalf of the person testifying lies that I proved were lies, he didn’t wanna hear it. I am appealing the case... STILL. Everyone said after they looked into my case that this was bs. Big BS. It was obviously a made up story that the person couldn’t even keep up with on the stand. My main thing is, with the disposition and certification of relief which allows me to apply and be hired for majority of jobs, will this bare me? Only time can tell.
                        Again, there's your answer. Just apply. See what happens.

Maybe you really are one of the "unlucky people". If that's the case, that's just the hand you've been dealt. Play your best game. If things don't work out, then find something else to do with your life. There are other careers out there.

Comment

• Vinny....Further elucidation. In NYS neither menacing, nor attempted assault require physical contact with the victim. And, I guess suprisingly to you, these are criminal acts.

Comment

• Appreciate it guys. I’ll just try.. now, what’s better... DHS, ACS or HHC...

Comment

Appreciate it guys. I’ll just try.. now, what’s better... DHS, ACS or HHC...
                              No one can tell you what's better for you....

Comment

• I got a letter invite for the department of health and mental hygiene hiring pool on May 31. Can anyone tell me how it is to work there? And what the academy is like?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13762 users online. 454 members and 13308 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X