Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mount Vernon Police Exam #60-110(2015)

Hello everyone! Figured I'd start a thread for the upcoming Mount Vernon Police Exam this November. I am looking forward to taking this test.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fly_Ty; 08-11-2015, 01:54 AM.

Does anyone know about the hiring process for Mount Vernon? I wonder how long it takes to get to the academy once you pass the written and physical tests...

Comment

Anyone know what kind of tours they do?
      Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. An all expenses paid trip with travel, meals, and accommodations included!

Comment

Originally posted by Decided View Post
        Anyone know what kind of tours they do?

I believe Mount Vernon residents taking the exam receive "resident preference". Yonkers is the same way. Contact the Mt. Vernon PBA for further info.

Comment

Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

I believe Mount Vernon residents taking the exam receive "resident preference". Yonkers is the same way. Contact the Mt. Vernon PBA for further info.
          I took the Yonkers exam in 2012 and a detective told me that they establish a residents list and a non residents list. In 25 years they haven't hired off of the non residents list.

Mount Vernon creates 1 list only for each exam which leads me to believe that non residents actually have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly_Ty View Post
            I took the Yonkers exam in 2012 and a detective told me that they establish a residents list and a non residents list. In 25 years they haven't hired off of the non residents list.

Mount Vernon creates 1 list only for each exam which leads me to believe that non residents actually have a chance.

Gotta love resident preference = 1% chance
            currently employed by The State of NY

Comment

Anyone know how many officers they are looking to hire?

Comment

Originally posted by cc87 View Post
                Anyone know how many officers they are looking to hire?
                I think they had close to 15 resignations so far this year. Three resigned last week. One went to Greenburgh, one went to Port Chester, and I don't recall where the other one transferred to.

Comment

Originally posted by EnWhyPeeDee View Post
                  I think they had close to 15 resignations so far this year. Three resigned last week. One went to Greenburgh, one went to Port Chester, and I don't recall where the other one transferred to.
                  Do you know anything about the tours they work? Do they do 8's?
                  Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. An all expenses paid trip with travel, meals, and accommodations included!

Comment

A former co-worker of mine who lives near me in Queens ended up getting a job with Mount Vernon PD. He had his police certification from his time as a police officer with another agency, and took the test and processed like any other candidate. When it came time for him to receive an offer, he started immediately because of his active police status.

He told me that MVPD is a bit of a revolving door agency at the moment, and that a number of people have either left, or are planning to leave.
                    NYPD Academy - July 2011 Session

Comment

MVPD hires of 2 list residents then non resident . not alot of resident apply for the job so the non resident list is longer but they usually exhaust the list. But they have a big turn over rate. Just see it as a stepping stone if you looking else where

Comment

Originally posted by Nitro718 View Post
                        A former co-worker of mine who lives near me in Queens ended up getting a job with Mount Vernon PD. He had his police certification from his time as a police officer with another agency, and took the test and processed like any other candidate. When it came time for him to receive an offer, he started immediately because of his active police status.

He told me that MVPD is a bit of a revolving door agency at the moment, and that a number of people have either left, or are planning to leave.
                        So if there is an applicant who is currently a LEO with a different agency or in a different city, state etc. They still have to go through the same process as everyone else? Is there no benefit of already being in Law Enforcement?

Comment

Yea there is you dont have to do academy again.

Comment

Has anyone received their admission letters from the pd yet??

Comment

Has anyone received their admission letters from the pd yet??

Yes I received My Admission letter monday
                              Last edited by lefty; 10-01-2015, 10:01 AM.
                              Just counting my blessing and praying for that day to come,

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4988 users online. 386 members and 4602 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X