Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

53XX Exam Offline Meetup

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by tls View Post
    Is anyone coming on Wednesday to Farrell's? Trying to gauge a headcount to see if it'll just be me.
    Sorry but have to wait till July... 21 then! On a another note, I'm hoping were all together in the academy in 2018!

    Comment


    • #17
      So after reading all the posts we won't hear nada till at least at least 8 months from now!

      Comment


      • #18
        For SCPD I think it's a total waste. They're 22 million under budget for the county. In the passed 20-40k ppl taken that exam while they only hire a hand full who score higher than 100. People have realized its a money scam to hire 10 cops, 11 years till top pay is nuts how long can you eat hotdogs for? I met already with this kid who took exam 5310 and it was funny to see how pationate someone else is about getting onto te job as much as myself. We all need to get together. Who know one of you can save my life one day

        Comment


        • #19
          ^agree with you
          Exam: 5317
          List: 3X
          Medical: 03/21/17
          JST: 05/03/17
          Psych: 04/25/17
          BI: 4/23/17
          Oral: 6/12/17
          Mini-Med: 5/26/17

          Comment


          • #20
            Bump to remind y'all to come out tonight. I'll be there at 6. I'll let the bartender know I might be expecting others from the "Police Forums".

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Alexbuff View Post
              For SCPD I think it's a total waste. They're 22 million under budget for the county. In the passed 20-40k ppl taken that exam while they only hire a hand full who score higher than 100. People have realized its a money scam to hire 10 cops, 11 years till top pay is nuts how long can you eat hotdogs for? I met already with this kid who took exam 5310 and it was funny to see how pationate someone else is about getting onto te job as much as myself. We all need to get together. Who know one of you can save my life one day

              Not a waste at all, only 6,000 applicants signed up for the exam and the deadline is April 1st. 49% of the department is up for retirement in the next couple of years in essence a lot more vacant spots. Nassau is in a similar situation and still needs to hire so will suffolk. If I were you, I would invest in taking suffolk.

              http://www.newsday.com/long-island/s...-say-1.9952625

              Comment


              • #22
                I don't mean it's a waste 100%. People like me who are not test takers it's a waste. You need to get 100 or better. If your a test taker go for it but if your not idk what to tell you. Scoring below a 95 is a wate

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Alexbuff View Post
                  I don't mean it's a waste 100%. People like me who are not test takers it's a waste. You need to get 100 or better. If your a test taker go for it but if your not idk what to tell you. Scoring below a 95 is a wate
                  Fair enough, that is how I thought as well. However, with the numbers presented in that article and my educated guess is that they'll go down the list to at least a 90, I will definitely take my chances with that. I'll shoot to score a 100

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Hi everyone,

                    I've been a longtime lurker on these forums for years now. But after recently taking NYPD exam 5320, I figured that I would finally create an account and join the club. I live in Manhattan and will attempt to make it to future meets.

                    ~Thanks
                    Port Authority Police (6/13): Qualified.

                    New York State Police (10/13): 95.xx List# 10,9xx

                    NYS Court Officer (10/14): Waiting

                    NYS Correctional Officer (1/15): 85% List# 19xx

                    NYPD (2/15): 97%

                    NYC Sanitation (2/15): Waiting

                    Suffolk County PD (6/15):

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Jets2 View Post
                      So after reading all the posts we won't hear nada till at least at least 8 months from now!
                      Where did you find this info? I happy to at least have something to look forward to.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I don't know about it being 8 months to hear anything. I know that there is some time (closer to 6 months or so) from when you take the exam till you receive a letter with your score and list number. And from that there's about 2 years for the ADP5 and from there on without any holds it's about 6 months. In total from when you take the exam expect 3 years wait time (at least) to begin at the NYPD.
                        Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Meizele_15481 View Post
                          I don't know about it being 8 months to hear anything. I know that there is some time (closer to 6 months or so) from when you take the exam till you receive a letter with your score and list number. And from that there's about 2 years for the ADP5 and from there on without any holds it's about 6 months. In total from when you take the exam expect 3 years wait time (at least) to begin at the NYPD.
                          Spoke to a NYPD today for about a 1/2 hour while he was on lunch and so was I. He verbatim everything we know already n the boards with time frame up to appt. he told me that NYC got smart about BI because of the hiring binge that went on in the late 1990's. As a result it is that much harder to become a member as the weeding out benefits everyone. He told me his cousin was a lawyer who now is a fellow nypd and he also,told me the amount of rank & file who have advanced degrees is up,there in #. Just told me to be patient....

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Jets2 View Post
                            Spoke to a NYPD today for about a 1/2 hour while he was on lunch and so was I. He verbatim everything we know already n the boards with time frame up to appt. he told me that NYC got smart about BI because of the hiring binge that went on in the late 1990's. As a result it is that much harder to become a member as the weeding out benefits everyone. He told me his cousin was a lawyer who now is a fellow nypd and he also,told me the amount of rank & file who have advanced degrees is up,there in #. Just told me to be patient....
                            Being patient is definitely the best advice for us all. If you sit and wait and think about the timing all day you'll go crazy.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Seriously meet and greets? sounds like a horrible idea especially with the way law enforcement is targeted now. You'll meet eachother if you make it through the process...

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                                Seriously meet and greets? sounds like a horrible idea especially with the way law enforcement is targeted now. You'll meet eachother if you make it through the process...
                                Damn bro you are one negative person lol. Im not even apart of their thread but I don't really see the big deal.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 3860 users online. 221 members and 3639 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X