300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westchester Police Exam 2012

Was wondering if anyone has heard anything back who are in the 85 range, have they ran through the 90s yet?

Also how do they choose who to look at when everyone has the same score

You are generally canvassed by your rank number. For the most part, Towns and Villages process their residents first. My job hired two for the academy next week and I believe they both scored in the 90s range if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by jdrama914 View Post
      You are generally canvassed by your rank number. For the most part, Towns and Villages process their residents first. My job hired two for the academy next week and I believe they both scored in the 90s range if that helps.

What department?

Comment

Originally posted by jdrama914 View Post
        isn't your rank solely based on your social number?, doesn't seem to fair that they'd go after someone based on an arbitrary number do they bring all of the 85s in who are trying work there and interview them?

Comment

Originally posted by 6mike92 View Post
          Was wondering if anyone has heard anything back who are in the 85 range, have they ran through the 90s yet?

Also how do they choose who to look at when everyone has the same score
          http://forums.officer.com/t194225/
          They go by the last 4 of your SS #

Comment

I got an 85 as well my town just hired two officers who had received 95s and my town doesn't use a residency list.

Comment

Originally posted by 914fortress View Post
              I got an 85 as well my town just hired two officers who had received 95s and my town doesn't use a residency list.
              Where do you live?

Comment

also how long after you get the initial letter in mail from the town, do you have to go for the physical test?

Comment

Originally posted by 6mike92 View Post
                  also how long after you get the initial letter in mail from the town, do you have to go for the physical test?
                  Probably 2 to 4 week before the physical agility.

Comment

Originally posted by spect1 View Post
                    Probably 2 to 4 week before the physical agility.
                    Canvass letters mean nothing. Almost all towns/villages in Westchester won't send you for the physical agility unless you've been interviewed and you are a candidate to be hired.

Comment

Originally posted by EnWhyPeeDee View Post
                      Canvass letters mean nothing. Almost all towns/villages in Westchester won't send you for the physical agility unless you've been interviewed and you are a candidate to be hired.
                      Not quite anymore. They're doing the agility tests by grouping now, to weed people out. I actually got one for the agency I just transferred to, but no canvass.

Comment

Originally posted by CO1259 View Post
                        Not quite anymore. They're doing the agility tests by grouping now, to weed people out. I actually got one for the agency I just transferred to, but no canvass.
                        Oh wow good to know. They've must've changed things within the last 6 years. Is that new for this exam?

Comment

Originally posted by EnWhyPeeDee View Post
                          Oh wow good to know. They've must've changed things within the last 6 years. Is that new for this exam?
                          Yea a couple of people I know that got a 95 on the exam were canvassed and given either 2 weeks or 4 weeks notice to reply back and take the physical agility. They failed unfortunately.... I scored an 85 and I'm still waiting for a shot. Hopefully this summer more 85's get selected. Oh and I was told they are doing the agility first because a large number of the 90+ scores failed the agility. I spoke to someone that's on the job with a local department that uses a residents list and everyone on their residents list failed with the exception of the two people they hired.

Comment

Originally posted by spect1 View Post
                            Yea a couple of people I know that got a 95 on the exam were canvassed and given either 2 weeks or 4 weeks notice to reply back and take the physical agility. They failed unfortunately.... I scored an 85 and I'm still waiting for a shot. Hopefully this summer more 85's get selected. Oh and I was told they are doing the agility first because a large number of the 90+ scores failed the agility. I spoke to someone that's on the job with a local department that uses a residents list and everyone on their residents list failed with the exception of the two people they hired.
                            Gotcha. I know an outside company does the physical agility now. It used to be administered by County employees from Human Resources and staff members from the academy.

Comment

You think they'll sink into the 85s by the end of the list?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3276 users online. 167 members and 3109 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X