300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailed Earnings Report

There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the DER and how to acquire one. I've read that we can simply walk into a SS field office and pay for one so long as we tell them that it's for the police academy, but others have said that it won't work and that the only way is to request one via mail with an enclosed money order.

I'm not sure which to do so I'll try my luck and call up the Flushing SSA and ask if it'll be possible to pay for one there.

What I want to know is if I do in fact have to order one by mail, will the hiring process come to a halt for me until I receive one by parcel 4 months from now? Or can I still go through all the steps? I'm on exam 3311 which just started receiving initial medical letters.

Thanks for the help.
    "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile."

I walked in ss office and paid for a copy of the report. I did this in nj ss office not sure if there's a difference I wouldn't think so. Good luck
    Exam 8307 List ???
    Medical: Done 2 times
    JST: completed twice
    Psychological Exam: Done
    Meeting with BI: Done and mutiple phone calls
    Mini Med: 2 times,
    Final Mini Med: 06/13/2011
    Hired July 2011

Comment

• hktom177
      hktom177 commented
      Editing a comment
      Would you please tell me the address of the SSA office? Thank you!

I went to the one in rego park and got it in person. I brought with me a money order for the correct amount. They wont take cash. I believe you can use a credit card IF they have a credit card reader at the location. Otherwise they give you the form to fill out and mail.

Comment

I went to one in the Bronx, filled an application and paid with a credit card. They printed it right there and gave it to me. Its just a paper with dates and earnings, wonder why it costs so much.
      Exam # 2344

Comment

Originally posted by Wizzy View Post
        I went to one in the Bronx, filled an application and paid with a credit card. They printed it right there and gave it to me. Its just a paper with dates and earnings, wonder why it costs so much.
        The gov't needs to make cash some how.
        We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

How early in the process did you need to provide your detailed earning reports? My exam is going to be submitting our apd5 forms within the next month. Should I pick my DER up now to get it out of the way?
          Exam # 3315 - 02/2013
          List # 5xx - 07/2013
          APD-5: Done - 02/2015
          Medical: Done - 04/2015
          Written Psych: Done - 05/2015
          B.I: ?
          Oral Psych: ?
          JST: ?
          Mini med: ?

Comment

Originally posted by NYPD_AVI View Post
            How early in the process did you need to provide your detailed earning reports? My exam is going to be submitting our apd5 forms within the next month. Should I pick my DER up now to get it out of the way?
            You will get a packet with all the required documents at the medical exam i think, i forgot when i got it. You need to hand it to your investigator along with all the other documents. This is usually one of the last three steps before you join the academy. So you still have a lot of time left.
            Exam # 2344

Comment

Originally posted by Wizzy View Post
              You will get a packet with all the required documents at the medical exam i think, i forgot when i got it. You need to hand it to your investigator along with all the other documents. This is usually one of the last three steps before you join the academy. So you still have a lot of time left.
              Sounds good! Thanks for the reply.
              Exam # 3315 - 02/2013
              List # 5xx - 07/2013
              APD-5: Done - 02/2015
              Medical: Done - 04/2015
              Written Psych: Done - 05/2015
              B.I: ?
              Oral Psych: ?
              JST: ?
              Mini med: ?

Comment

You can walk into a ss office and obtain one. Expect to stay around an hour...maybe more. I believe they are in the low 100$ range.

Comment

Originally posted by nasa808 View Post
                  The gov't needs to make cash some how.
                  There is a certain irony to paying a government agency to whom you pay taxes for a list of how much money upon which they taxed you.
                  Originally posted by Michigan
                  Now that you mention it, who are you?

Comment

Is this detailed earnings report an itemized statement of earnings? The SSA 7050 form we have to fill out to order one through mail doesn't list it as a "detailed earnings report". And it costs $192 certified.
                    "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile."

Comment

Originally posted by SamRudolph View Post
                      There is a certain irony to paying a government agency to whom you pay taxes for a list of how much money upon which they taxed you.
                      I concur my friend, I concur
                      We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

Originally posted by honestabels View Post
                        Is this detailed earnings report an itemized statement of earnings? The SSA 7050 form we have to fill out to order one through mail doesn't list it as a "detailed earnings report". And it costs $192 certified.
                        Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by honestabels View Post
                          Anyone?
                          No, I went to the SSA and it definitely was not $192. IIRC it was just over $100.

If you go there and tell them you need a detailed earnings report for the Nassau police background investigation they will give you the correct form.
                          MTAPD
                          Physical: 6/4
                          Panel: 6/15
                          BI: 8/24

SCPD
                          Score: 95
                          Lotto: 24xx

Comment

Think mine was 102. As said above mention its for law enforcement and they will know what it is. Make sure you ask the guard at the front so you get the right number. Plus get there early its a long wait usually. Done it twice not fun.

Ps it use to be x amount for every year. So I could have got one year for the 2nd department I was applying for. No they changed that so it's 102 for one year or your entire life. Talk about a nice money maker.
                            Somewhere working...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6804 users online. 352 members and 6452 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X