Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD medical DQ

Hello everyone,

I hope all is well and safe. Quick question, Has anyone ever been medically DQ'ed by the NYPD medical division, waited for about a year, then took another police officer exam and was cleared and appointed to the academy through the second attempt? Could this even be factual? Please let me know. I appreciate any and all info. Be safe everyone.

Originally posted by CelticLEO View Post
    Hello everyone,

I hope all is well and safe. Quick question, Has anyone ever been medically DQ'ed by the NYPD medical division, waited for about a year, then took another police officer exam and was cleared and appointed to the academy through the second attempt? Could this even be factual? Please let me know. I appreciate any and all info. Be safe everyone.
    The problem with what you are asking is that when a NYPD candidate is disqualified and removed off the list--that information still remains in his/her sealed file. So IF that person retakes the exam a second time and goes through the investigation phase; that disqualification from the previous exam is noted, and NYPD will rubber stamp it.

Disqualification from NYPD is indefinate unless successfully overturned by the NYC Civil Service Commission or a Court of Law [highly unlikely].
    Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 01-19-2015, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
      The problem with what you are asking is that when a NYPD candidate is disqualified and removed off the list--that information still remains in his/her sealed file. So IF that person retakes the exam a second time and goes through the investigation phase; that disqualification from the previous exam is noted, and NYPD will rubber stamp it.

Disqualification from NYPD is indefinate unless successfully overturned by the NYC Civil Service Commission or a Court of Law [highly unlikely].
      Thank you for the reply CountyCO,
      I understand what you mean. I heard this same scenerio but with a psych DQ, and that person has been on the job with PD 5 years already. Be safe

Comment

Originally posted by CelticLEO View Post
        Thank you for the reply CountyCO,
        I understand what you mean. I heard this same scenerio but with a psych DQ, and that person has been on the job with PD 5 years already. Be safe
        You heard this or you know this to be actually factual? Believe NOTHING you hear and only half of what you see.
        Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 01-19-2015, 11:37 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4825 users online. 286 members and 4539 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X