Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this supposed to mean?

http://www.recordonline.com/article/...0119423/101019

And victims would be offered the option of reporting an assault to state police rather than campus authorities or a local police department.

"You have my word," the governor said, that state police "will handle this professionally and will understand who the victim is."

If this is implying what I think it is, EVERY PBA and police union should be up in arms, including the troopers union. This is no time to be dividing the ranks with everything else going on

Why?..... ........
    For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Because it seems to imply that the local or campus police would forget who the victims are, and that the state police are "better than" the local agencies

Comment

It probably has something to do with mandatory reporting requirements. It references private colleges and their respective campus police / security, which often don't have the robust systems to deal with all the bs reports they are going to have to start taking as a result of the law. It doesent appear to be a knock on anyone the way I read it.

Also - in most states a crime can be reported in the jurisdiction it occurred, the jurisdiction where the victim is, or the jurisdiction where the suspect is. That can make reporting a sex assault more challenging when a student goes home during a school recess or break. It's just opening up more reporting avenues and a "political win" for the powers that be.

Take a deep breath. It's all gonna be ok

Comment

Most private institutions sweep crimes under the rug. Including robberies, rapes, larcenies, etc.

CUNY and SUNY schools do what they gotta do with their police force. Private schools hire security guards and the mightily administration would rather not tarnish its name so crimes are unfounded.
          Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by vc859 View Post
            http://www.recordonline.com/article/...0119423/101019

And victims would be offered the option of reporting an assault to state police rather than campus authorities or a local police department.

"You have my word," the governor said, that state police "will handle this professionally and will understand who the victim is."

If this is implying what I think it is, EVERY PBA and police union should be up in arms, including the troopers union. This is no time to be dividing the ranks with everything else going on
            The option of reporting ANY crime on a college campus by the victim goes either to NYSP, County Sheriff or local PD. SUNY institutions have their own police force.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4935 users online. 287 members and 4648 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X