Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Exam Expiration Date Question...

Good day all,

I was wondering if anyone here could help me out with a question I had regarding the NYPD Police Exam expiration dates. I am starting the process for exam 1315 which is good till 7/9/16, no problem right? Well I anticipate a DQ, and I have a lawyer lined up to fight that DQ. My question is, say I fight the DQ and overturn it and that's done by early 2016 but too late for a January class, would I still be eleigable for an academy class in July 2016? How does it work when they call you for the class, do they base the expiration date on when they start making phone calls for the class or the date you get sworn in? Or something else?

Any constructive comments / answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Nck1380 View Post
    Good day all,

I was wondering if anyone here could help me out with a question I had regarding the NYPD Police Exam expiration dates. I am starting the process for exam 1315 which is good till 7/9/16, no problem right? Well I anticipate a DQ, and I have a lawyer lined up to fight that DQ. My question is, say I fight the DQ and overturn it and that's done by early 2016 but too late for a January class, would I still be eleigable for an academy class in July 2016? How does it work when they call you for the class, do they base the expiration date on when they start making phone calls for the class or the date you get sworn in? Or something else?

Any constructive comments / answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

What type of Disqualification? Physiological or character issue? Character disqualifications are VERY DIFFICULT, if not impossible to overturn as the courts grant a huge latitude in an appointing authority's ability to make appointments given the sensitive nature of law enforcement work. Civil Service Departments CAN NOT direct an agency WHOM to hire--they merely certify an eligible on a bonfide list for appointment. Only a court of law can order reinstatement of public service employment. Once a civil service list expires--you must retake the examination again. The only exception is military service allowing you to request civil service to reinstate your name to the current list of eligibles upon termination of your active duty Armed Forces service.

Keep in mind NYPD literally has thousands of candidates with pristine backgrounds to choose from--so they can be very selective in making appointments.
    Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 01-19-2015, 02:50 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6242 users online. 331 members and 5911 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X