X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• morafiq
    replied
    TNT I sent you a pm.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Leave a comment:

• NYCTNT
    replied
    Dont worry. Your school will send your jacket to the nypd. This is why you type up the letters to the school. Its out of your hands and its really not a big deal if it was a one time thing.

Repetitive will be an issue.

Leave a comment:

• morafiq
    replied
    Bobby,
    I've seen you in numerous threads with your postings... I'm trying to offer you advice the nicest way possible. You have to "Hurry up and Wait" per the NYPD motto. When you have your meeting with the investigator that is assigned to you, you will be give ALL the details as to what you must provide and how quickly you need to provide it. Believe me, if there are any hiccups in your past that you are that concerned about, I recommend you contact whichever agency had responded to the previous 911 calls/incidents/etc and ask them for a disposition so that if/when your investigator asks you for it you already have a copy to be presented.

You will drive yourself insane sitting here pondering everything. Trust me, I am speaking from experience. I've missed two academy classes even though I've turned everything in to my investigator. (Waiting for paperwork from past employers etc) And yes it gets you down in the dumps, felt like $hit the 2nd time I got passed over but you know what, I've done all that I could so at this point there is nothing I can do but "Hurry up and wait".

Take this advice however you will but understand I mean you no malice, just trying to help as are the other members of this forum so please don't take it so personally when they tell you that you are overdoing these posts, etc. They have all been in your shoes and are giving you first hand advice.

Leave a comment:

• Marvin911
    replied
    Originally posted by BOBBY THE BULL DOG View Post
    but a domestic incident report is nothing anyone can do it, some ppl may have one n not now for instance,,
    That sentence doesn't even make sense.

Leave a comment:

• Dinosaur32
    replied
    Bobby.......You will have to fully explain the DIR to any LE agency you apply to. Why were the police called? Who called? Why was no arrest made? The agencies you have posted about have armed officers. If you are involved in a domestic, the agency will have to pull your weapons. No agency needs officers that can't carry. They have enough problems dealing with active members. Any domestic issue will be a red flag.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    but a domestic incident report is nothing anyone can do it, some ppl may have one n not now for instance,,

Leave a comment:

• NYCTNT
    replied
    You better have an answer for the psychologist.

Leave a comment:

• CountyCorrectionOfficer
    replied
    Originally posted by BOBBY THE BULL DOG View Post
    but no for school? I had a suspension for something I cant remember- but it was for like 1 day in house suspension or something, I will put that on the apd but will that get me dq with the bi or the phsy?
    Think about applying for other agencies, Bobby. NYPD isn't the only game in town.

Leave a comment:

• J.P_NYPD
    replied
    I will tell you straight up. Not everyone is perfect on this job, no one, period. However, most of the guys that are on the job never had to deal with highschool suspension or domestic issues. Phys will also ask you why you had to go through GED eventhough requirements are 60 college credits. If you have justifiable answer to all of these questions, it would be ok. However, if I'm on your shoes, I would be worried a bit. Remember, you will be competing against thousands, thousands of applicants with squeaky clean backgrounds. Don't lose your hope and keep your heads up- and be patients or you will make yourself go crazy.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    You can't do anything about it. You'll find out in two years.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    but should i be worried about it, it was incident report no arrest or convictions or tickets, it was a verbal dispute btw my pops and i long time ago.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    They'll tell you in two years when they get to your list number.

Jesus. Relax already kid.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    will a Dir be a DQ?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    [email protected] nymikegb

@the hopeful- on the apd- does it ask if you had any suspensions in school? or if you were ever suspended?

Leave a comment:

• nymikegb
    replied
    When I had my background investigation for my internship with the nypd. I put down I got detention and in school suspension for an inapporiate gesture. I Wasn't given a hard time and passed the investigation. So since I put it down then, I will obviously have to put it down for PD's APD. They won't hassle you, especially if you shown character improvement since then.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3709 users online. 227 members and 3482 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X