300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deferred Compensation plans with NY agencies

Trying to find out if the Town/village/county police jobs across the state provide a deferred compensation plan to join? I would want to transfer my contribution from the NYC deferred compensation plan to something else incase I get the opportunity to leave NYPD . Run for the hills, this job blows!

Originally posted by CFD230 View Post
    Trying to find out if the Town/village/county police jobs across the state provide a deferred compensation plan to join? I would want to transfer my contribution from the NYC deferred compensation plan to something else incase I get the opportunity to leave NYPD . Run for the hills, this job blows!
    Don't kill it for us hopefuls a lot of us want to join

Nyc law enforcement hopeful
    Nypd exam 3319 5xx
    Nyc doc 3303 5xx
    Special officer 3329 list 3xx
    NYS court officer tbd 2015?

Comment

How long have you been otj?
      6/13 NYPD Exam 3068
      List# 3XX

12/14 NYS Court Officer Exam 45-784
      List#

Xbox Live: Gaspare718

Comment

First, speak for yourself. Out of the 35,000 sworn MOS, you don't speak for all them.

Second, it would depend on the department but I can't imagine any nationwide that doesn't offer a 457(b) plan similar to NYCE IRA. If you have an idea of where you might like to go, reach out to them specifically for information. The smaller agencies may take in in county wide plans if they don't have their own.

Good luck.
        sigpic

"I pity guys like you, I truly do. Everything you own and have you can thank the job for and still you despise it. I don't understand how any man can choose a career, hate it from the beginning, not have the balls to leave, and then complain about it once he's retired."

-Thee Rant (surprisingly)

Originally posted by NYCTNT
        DF,

Why do you bother?

Comment

New York State has a deferred compensation plan open to any municipal employee who's employer offers it as a benefit. Some larger departments outside of NYC have 457Ks that are managed by private investment firms so you get more bang for you buck, Westchester County being one of them.

Comment

I had and have a wonderful career. If I had the chance to jump, believe me, I would jump, even if I am not making less than $150/yr, I would leave.
            Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

I have 5 years on, and of course, you need to have a "to each, their own" attitude towards it, I can't speak for everyone. I just know I'd rather have 20 year retirement, not have my retirement offset by social security.. And someday, have a higher salary for a fraction of the stress and work. I'll keep my gripes for thee rant, but I appreciate the info about the other deferred comp plans. Happy new year

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2883 users online. 167 members and 2716 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X