300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exam 5317

Hey guys, i am taking my exam on Saturday at 1:30 PM - I am very excited to finally get the process started. Wonder if anyone else has taken or will be taking the test this weekend. Good luck to all.
    Exam: 5317
    List: 3X
    Medical: 03/21/17
    JST: 05/03/17
    Psych: 04/25/17
    BI: 4/23/17
    Oral: 6/12/17
    Mini-Med: 5/26/17

Originally posted by Jparodi View Post
    Hey guys, i am taking my exam on Saturday at 1:30 PM - I am very excited to finally get the process started. Wonder if anyone else has taken or will be taking the test this weekend. Good luck to all.
    If you read what we have all written your in for a long wait I was you two years ago and I'm still you now excited ready to work for the police force good luck on the test you'll do just fine and have patience this isn't a short process stay clean and out of trouble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I understand that it will be a long and tedious process, by no means does this scare me or will make me want to not follow through. Thank you for the advice i will continue to stay clean and out of trouble. What are you waiting on at the moment?

Comment

I understand that it will be a long and tedious process, by no means does this scare me or will make me want to not follow through. Thank you for the advice i will continue to stay clean and out of trouble. What are you waiting on at the moment?
        I'm in the 3300 series of tests in actually the last test in the group so I'm praying my paperwork comes during the summer this year and by next summer be finished with the process and then on to the academy for 2017. Im not crazy I know I won't be on the job next year so I'm playing it safe for 2017. There's quite a few guys on these threads that think they will be hired in a year and that's not the case. If you read up on the forum for jan 2015 you will see that a lot of very old tests are being called now and people who waited have to wait longer. It's frustrating mainly because we didn't have huge classes every year so people where not called. Now one thing you will see with all the madness going on now people are turning down the job. I will never so that. So keep up with all the forums they have a lot of good info some bullsht. So read carefully and my advice to you take what you read with a grain of salt most of us aren't on the job. You do one day at a time and keep up to date records. Unless an official announcement has been made its all rumors. I learned that the hard way already. Getting excited for nothing

Comment

thank you very much that was great information/advice. Im in it for the long run so i do not mind waiting.

Comment

Pretty much a 3.5 - 4 year wait from the now, there are so many exam out. Good luck, keep busy, and stay out of trouble.
            NYC Corrections Exam: 2322
            Academy: March 2015 (Got the call!!) NYCDOC

Comment

Thank you, I intend on doing so. My main focus while i wait is to get in the best shape possible and continue to work for my firm and do more community service work.
              Last edited by Jparodi; 01-07-2015, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I took 5314, as long as you keep cool and focus on the questions, you should be fine. Be prepared to take a hour and a half to take the exam, and check your answers again once you're done.

Comment

Originally posted by Devs View Post
                  I took 5314, as long as you keep cool and focus on the questions, you should be fine. Be prepared to take a hour and a half to take the exam, and check your answers again once you're done.
                  thank you for your advise, I will make sure i double check everything, i am very OCD and like to triple check things. I have time, it is my day off so i will not be in a rush. Does anyone have any advise as to what time i should be there by (realistically), the exam is at 1:30 PM i was considering to arrive at around 12:30 PM.

Comment

thank you for your advise, I will make sure i double check everything, i am very OCD and like to triple check things. I have time, it is my day off so i will not be in a rush. Does anyone have any advise as to what time i should be there by (realistically), the exam is at 1:30 PM i was considering to arrive at around 12:30 PM.
                    Well it depends on where you are taking the test. 2 Lafayette in my opinion is fine if you get there around 12:30, I got there around 12 and I had to wait outside in the cold.

Comment

I will be taking the test at 2 Lafayette as well. Im sure with everything going on nowadays, a lot of people who want to apply just for the hell of it will no longer be taking the test. However, i do not want to take that for granted, rather be safe than sorry. I guess I will get there by 12 and if i have to wait, I will wait. Did you have to bring pens or anything in specific other than the ID and Money Order?

Comment

Took the exam this weekend did really good. Officially on the waiting list.

Comment

Jparodi pretty sure we were coworkers a few years back. Tried to send you a message but you have private messages disabled :-(

Comment

sent you a PM just now.

Comment

I took the test the same weekend as you jparodi, I took it in Brooklyn though.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3556 users online. 132 members and 3424 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X