300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD DWI Wait? For How Long?

Good Evening, everyone! I am from exam 2302. I filed out my APD back in May of 2013. After that, I got arrested for DWI/DWAI. I was not driving but asked my cousin to borrow his car keys so that I can sleep in his car, behind the wheel....anyways, I was not over the limit but was very under. The case got settled with a idling ticket but with no misdemeanor or violation on my record. I decided that since the outcome of the legal matter got settled with a ticket infraction, that I can still continue on with the process. I received a letter to appear for my medical back in october of last year. The LT at the medical caught on paper that I indicated that I was arrested and pulled me off to the side. The LT said that I would have to wait for about 5 years. My questions to all the folks out there is this true? And has any gone through this situation?

Well... Since the LIEUTENANT told you, it would appear that it is "true."
    Why would you question him? And your story about just taking a nap behind the wheel is total BS. You were DUI, and just slid out of an arrest. The LT saw through your story right away, as would any cop.

Don't try to BS the Badge.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by jayd1987 View Post
      Good Evening, everyone! I am from exam 2302. I filed out my APD back in May of 2013. After that, I got arrested for DWI/DWAI. I was not driving but asked my cousin to borrow his car keys so that I can sleep in his car, behind the wheel....anyways, I was not over the limit but was very under. The case got settled with a idling ticket but with no misdemeanor or violation on my record. I decided that since the outcome of the legal matter got settled with a ticket infraction, that I can still continue on with the process. I received a letter to appear for my medical back in october of last year. The LT at the medical caught on paper that I indicated that I was arrested and pulled me off to the side. The LT said that I would have to wait for about 5 years. My questions to all the folks out there is this true? And has any gone through this situation?
      Yes is true, just like if you took "one puff" of marijuana, you now have to wait 4-5 more years
      NYC Corrections Exam: 2322
      Academy: March 2015 (Got the call!!) NYCDOC

Comment

Originally posted by jayd1987 View Post

You weren't observed driving the vehicle DWI but pleaded it down to a non-alcoholic traffic infraction. What is your overall character history?? There are other agencies besides NYPD that would hire you without a "five year" wait if this is your only "blemish". Try NYCDOC; they might be more lenient towards this type of thing.
        Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 01-05-2015, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

You weren't observed driving the vehicle DWI but pleaded it down to a non-alcoholic traffic infraction. What is your overall character history?? There are other agencies besides NYPD that would hire you without a "five year" wait if this is your only "blemish".

Five year wait means you're going to be placed on "hold" until the list you're on expires.In essence, you will need to take the exam all over again and hope for the best if you want to work for NYPD.
          Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 01-05-2015, 01:09 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6715 users online. 353 members and 6362 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X