Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD "Virtual work stoppage"

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...0141231?page=2

I know not many otj can or will comment on this, but those that do have something to say, I have some questions for.

Its not a work stoppage. Nypd officers are still making arrests they are just using more discretion in areas they are allowed to by department policy. Many of the arrests that cops make are by proactive police work . Cops can very easily work reactively and still be well within the scope of performing their jobs.
    Last edited by BNWS; 01-02-2015, 04:19 PM.

Comment

As per the article I understand that its mostly stops like summonses and the media are blowing it out of proportion as usual.

My questions are the following: would there be consequences if members of the NYPD were to go on strike? Is the idea even beening discussed among the ranks?
      Last edited by GeneralZod; 01-02-2015, 04:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
        As per the article I understand that its mostly stops like summonses and the media are blowing it out of proportion as usual.

My questions are the following: would there be consequences if members of the NYPD were to go on strike? Is the idea even beening discussed among the ranks?
        It would be against taylor law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Law

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post

Cops are not allowed to strike.

Comment

It seems to me that the public was demanding the type of policing that is now being practiced by NYPD officers. Now they want enforcement of minor violations. If you enforce minor violations you're a racist bully . If you don't your're a lazy union bum. The Mayor's son Dante will be safer now.

Comment

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
              It seems to me that the public was demanding the type of policing that is now being practiced by NYPD officers. Now they want enforcement of minor violations. If you enforce minor violations you're a racist bully . If you don't your're a lazy union bum. The Mayor's son Dante will be safer now.
              P. Diddy was scared to if you didnt see his video. If you gonna put Dante in we gotta make sure they all are in.

Comment

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
                Cops are not allowed to strike.
                That's what blue flu is for.

Comment

IT IS not a work stoppage or blue FLU.

We are only doing what the public wanted. No silly broken windows policing, no petty offenses, no psny complainants(police observations). Just doing what the public wants since we are after all, public civil servants.
                  Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

“Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.
                    “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

Two editorials , six months difference.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/26/op...ives.html?_r=0

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/07...no-police.html

Comment

Priceless- ******* hypocracy at its finest
                        RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

http://nypost.com/2015/01/11/no-time...-back-to-work/

Comment

He should invite the Justice Department to determine if the police are guilty of civil rights violations in withdrawing policing from minority communities.
                            So let me see if I follow the logic here. The "minority communities" are the ones who were screaming racism, because some ridiculous percentage of arrests were of minorities, and perhaps a significant portion of those were for petty crimes. So the NYPD allegedly stops making those arrests, thereby giving the people exactly what they asked for, but now they should be investigated for possibly violating those same people's civil rights? WTF do these people want exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by JustAJ View Post
                              So let me see if I follow the logic here. The "minority communities" are the ones who were screaming racism, because some ridiculous percentage of arrests were of minorities, and perhaps a significant portion of those were for petty crimes. So the NYPD allegedly stops making those arrests, thereby giving the people exactly what they asked for, but now they should be investigated for possibly violating those same people's civil rights? WTF do these people want exactly?
                              Write a few parkers, get your movers on accidents and collar only when you have a cooperative complainant providing positive id or ordered by a supervisor. You cannot be called a zero for that. Judging from the the above two editorials the cops can't seem to win. When the mayor calls someone arrested 30 times a "good man" it leaves no doubt in my mind what will happen to a cop that tries to enforce some petty crime or violation that the next "good man" doesn't agree with. To be honest I'd rather be called a lazy union bum than a racist pig. Racist pig puts a real target on your back these days. When I was a rookie there was an old timer who came on the job in 1956 who told me "You don't have to see everything". Wise words especially in this atmosphere. Stay safe.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4350 users online. 270 members and 4080 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X