300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wear my class A to my brothers nypd graduation

I just wanted to get an opinion on this...I'm a NYC Correction Officer and my brother is graduating the NYPD Academy as a sign of respect I was going to wear my class A to graduation and also so we can take pictures together afterwards....my question is do you think this is appropriate? I remember when I graduated I saw guys family members in fdny class A's and so on but I just wanted to get other people's opinions on this thanks
    Guys..."does that make sense?"

Agency policy dictates. Go for it if you can!
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by deliver247 View Post
      I just wanted to get an opinion on this...I'm a NYC Correction Officer and my brother is graduating the NYPD Academy as a sign of respect I was going to wear my class A to graduation and also so we can take pictures together afterwards....my question is do you think this is appropriate? I remember when I graduated I saw guys family members in fdny class A's and so on but I just wanted to get other people's opinions on this thanks
      Yes, you can wear your Class A uniform at your brother's graduation. But be extremely careful wearing a 'police' uniform out in public unarmed. Wear camouflage over the shirt and badge when in public.

Comment

Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
        Yes, you can wear your Class A uniform at your brother's graduation. But be extremely careful wearing a 'police' uniform out in public unarmed. Wear camouflage over the shirt and badge when in public.
        If he is his Class A uniform, why would you assume that he wouldn't be armed. There are plenty of guys that carry their firearm when wearing the class A uniform.

Don't you carry a firearm when you are wearing a class A uniform?

Comment

Originally posted by wo 150 View Post
          If he is his Class A uniform, why would you assume that he wouldn't be armed. There are plenty of guys that carry their firearm when wearing the class A uniform.
          I will deff have my off-duty with me I just wanted to know what people thought of me wearing my class A I don't want to overshadow him

Comment

When I graduated from the state courts academy, family members of some of my classmates were there in court, fdny and nypd class a uniforms

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
              Agency policy dictates. Go for it if you can!
              CCCSD I am curious to know which agency you work for.

Wear your class A uniform who cares. I am sure you been to graduation and seen people doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by deliver247 View Post
                I will deff have my off-duty with me I just wanted to know what people thought of me wearing my class A I don't want to overshadow him
                Go for it. It's a well established practice, enjoy the day with your brother and family. Good Luck to him and both of you stay safe.
                Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

Thanks for the thumbs up

Comment

Originally posted by wo 150 View Post

Yes, I am armed when wearing my Class A uniform outside the jail.

Comment

I wouldn't dare in this climate against all law enforcement go unarmed

Comment

Absolutely go in your dress uniform.
                        Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

On a related topic:

I am set to graduate from my county corrections academy at the end of January.
                          My parents have a fairly important child support court date at a date TBD after February's date got pushed back.

Assuming I graduate (I will), would it be appropriate for me to wear my Class A to this court function (I am a fairly important witness) or should I wear regular dress pants, shoes, and a nice shirt and tie like I have at the past court dates?

Thanks all
                          Test Results:

NYST Exam 10/19/13
                          Scored 97.57xxxx
                          Ranked 5,104

Onondaga County Exam 4/12/14
                          Scored 85.0
                          Ranked 5 (70 with same rank)
                          Have been offered a job! Academy starts in November!

New York State Campus Public Safety Officer Test
                          Scored 90.0
                          Ranked 66

Comment

Originally posted by KaptKyle View Post
                            On a related topic:

I am set to graduate from my county corrections academy at the end of January.
                            My parents have a fairly important child support court date at a date TBD after February's date got pushed back.

Assuming I graduate (I will), would it be appropriate for me to wear my Class A to this court function (I am a fairly important witness) or should I wear regular dress pants, shoes, and a nice shirt and tie like I have at the past court dates?

Thanks all
                            No, don't do that. Also, don't flash your badge at other drivers and keep your gat in your holster unless your life is absolutely at stake.

Comment

Just wanted to clarify, that's what I was thinking but I had been advised of both scenarios.

I can't stand the guys who let their power to their heads like that. We have a few in academy who already have inflated egos, id rather people don't know, that way when they do threaten me I can surprise them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Test Results:

NYST Exam 10/19/13
                              Scored 97.57xxxx
                              Ranked 5,104

Onondaga County Exam 4/12/14
                              Scored 85.0
                              Ranked 5 (70 with same rank)
                              Have been offered a job! Academy starts in November!

New York State Campus Public Safety Officer Test
                              Scored 90.0
                              Ranked 66

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4594 users online. 277 members and 4317 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X