300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **NYPD LODD Funeral**

Enclosed flyer for funeral of PO Rafael Ramos. None yet scheduled for PO Liu. They are in process of obtaining travel documents for his family to come from China.

Fidelis Ad Mortem

10885444_10152963121499456_7378072268614588853_n.jpg
    Last edited by DigitalFrenchie; 12-22-2014, 04:08 PM.
    sigpic

"I pity guys like you, I truly do. Everything you own and have you can thank the job for and still you despise it. I don't understand how any man can choose a career, hate it from the beginning, not have the balls to leave, and then complain about it once he's retired."

-Thee Rant (surprisingly)

Originally posted by NYCTNT
    DF,

Why do you bother?

Are we allowed to attend non law enforcement? I would like to pay respect

NYC law enforcement hopeful

Comment

Originally posted by Junior214 View Post

Christ Tabernacle is an open church, very big able to accomodate a lot of people. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be a problem.
      Exam# 2311
      List: 5XX
      Medical: 2/14 (On Review)
      Medical Review: 2/14 (Done)
      Social Media Check: 2/14 (Done)
      Met With BI: 2/14 (Done)
      Psych Written: 3/14 (Done)
      Psych Oral: 3/14 (Done) (Passed!!!!)
      JST: 3/14 (Done) JST#2: 11/14 (Done)
      Mini Med: 6/14 (Done) MiniMed #2: 11/14 (Done)

Missed July 2014 class... Let's go January 2015

GOT THE CALL 1/3/2015 12:01PM

Comment

Originally posted by Junior214 View Post

As far as the viewing, entering should not be a problem. As far as the funeral services, the inside of the church will likely be solely for members of his command, family, etc. as is usually the case in these instances. However, nothing would stop you from lining up outside and viewing the funeral procession.
        sigpic

"I pity guys like you, I truly do. Everything you own and have you can thank the job for and still you despise it. I don't understand how any man can choose a career, hate it from the beginning, not have the balls to leave, and then complain about it once he's retired."

DF,

Why do you bother?

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalFrenchie View Post
          As far as the viewing, entering should not be a problem. As far as the funeral services, the inside of the church will likely be solely for members of his command, family, etc. as is usually the case in these instances. However, nothing would stop you from lining up outside and viewing the funeral precession.
          Thank you very much

Comment

Rest in peace brothers. I truly hope your families, friends and co-workers who new you best can find solace in your loss by knowing the great men and Police Offices you were and may we strive to be as good. You will be missed!

Comment

This has been passed around to everyone...i would not be surprised if we get 50k + cops show up from all over the country....blue lives do matter
              Abraham Lincoln:Nowhere in the world is presented a government of so much liberty and equality. To the humblest and poorest amongst us are held out the highest privileges and positions. The present moment finds me at the White House, yet there is as good a chance for your children as there was for my father's.
              --August 31, 1864 Speech to 148th Ohio Regiment

Comment

Bump......
                http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

Originally posted by nycfed View Post
                  This has been passed around to everyone...i would not be surprised if we get 50k + cops show up from all over the country....blue lives do matter
                  Blue lives matter!!
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalFrenchie View Post
                    As far as the viewing, entering should not be a problem. As far as the funeral services, the inside of the church will likely be solely for members of his command, family, etc. as is usually the case in these instances. However, nothing would stop you from lining up outside and viewing the funeral procession.
                    DF, with literally thousands of LEOs from across the state and nation attending the funeral church services Saturday morning at Christ Tabernacle--where would they be positioned since the inside of the building can only contain only so many people?? would they line outside the church and view the procession?

Comment

Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                      DF, with literally thousands of LEOs from across the state and nation attending the funeral church services Saturday morning at Christ Tabernacle--where would they be positioned since the inside of the building can only contain only so many people?? would they line outside the church and view the procession?
                      Like you said, it will be thousands but they usually have it set up for uniformed attendees to line either one or both sides of one, maybe two or more streets. The NYPD Ceremonial Unit has this down to a science and it will certainly be well coordinated. I've found there is always room at locations for non-uniformed/non-LE viewers.
                      sigpic

DF,

Why do you bother?

Comment

Any information for an LEO coming in from out of state...advice on where to stay nearby and travel to/from the location?

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetGuy15 View Post
                          Any information for an LEO coming in from out of state...advice on where to stay nearby and travel to/from the location?
                          As far as where to stay, I can't say with certainty if there is lodging in the immediate area as it's largely residential. As far as travel, once you know where you'll be staying, check out www.hopstop.com/ and use the church address as your destination. It'll provide the best route via public transportation.
                          sigpic

DF,

Why do you bother?

Comment

It should also be pointed out that VP Biden will attend so definitely use mass transportation. There's supposed to be a subway station not far.
                            I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

I know this was pointed out in another thread but I figured I'd keep everything all together.

http://nycfirewire.com/jetblue/

Apparently, JETBLUE airlines will fly out LEOs for free to attend the services.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5138 users online. 318 members and 4820 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X