300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upstate NY Departments hiring Part-Time Police Officers

Hello everyone, hope everybody is doing well and staying safe. I know a couple guys that are putting themselves through the Police Academy (Basic Course for Police Officers) and are sponsored by Special Police. Upon completion of the academy, they will have the entire academy completed, including firearms and anything included in phase 2. These guys are looking to get hired ASAP.

If you know of any, can you please provide me with ANY departments, or Sheriff's Offices in upstate NY that hire Part-Time Police Officers? These guys will have the academy completed, that of which they have paid for on their own, and are willing to accept Part-Time positions. You do not need to be on a civil service list for Part-Time positions, so these guys are up to move.

Any departments in Ontario County, Wayne County, Yates County, Livingston, or Monroe especially... But anywhere else in upstate as well.

Thank you all and be safe.

Originally posted by 4GodnCntry View Post
    Hello everyone, hope everybody is doing well and staying safe. I know a couple guys that are putting themselves through the Police Academy (Basic Course for Police Officers) and are sponsored by Special Police. Upon completion of the academy, they will have the entire academy completed, including firearms and anything included in phase 2. These guys are looking to get hired ASAP.

If you know of any, can you please provide me with ANY departments, or Sheriff's Offices in upstate NY that hire Part-Time Police Officers? These guys will have the academy completed, that of which they have paid for on their own, and are willing to accept Part-Time positions. You do not need to be on a civil service list for Part-Time positions, so these guys are up to move.

Any departments in Ontario County, Wayne County, Yates County, Livingston, or Monroe especially... But anywhere else in upstate as well.

Thank you all and be safe.

Some of these police agencies and/or local civil service commissions require any candidate seeking a part-time position MUST be and reachable for appointment from the civil service roster. Other than that; the local community colleges in the Hudson valley conduct MPTC Basic Course Phase 1 pre-certification course which is only good for two years. In essence, there is a greater supply of candidates than open police officer slots available. Generally, Sheriffs and police chiefs prefer to appoint local residents. What is "special police"?? It usually denotes a temporary peace officer position employed by a NYS township.

Comment

Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Some of these police agencies and/or local civil service commissions require any candidate seeking a part-time position MUST be and reachable for appointment from the civil service roster. Other than that; the local community colleges in the Hudson valley conduct MPTC Basic Course Phase 1 pre-certification course which is only good for two years. In essence, there is a greater supply of candidates than open police officer slots available. Generally, Sheriffs and police chiefs prefer to appoint local residents. What is "special police"?? It usually denotes a temporary peace officer position employed by a NYS township.
      They are part time peace officers that assist police officers on a volunteer basis with crowd control at events. They are going through the entire Basic Course for Police Officers and are looking to get hired. If they do not get hired within 2 years, it expires. As Special Police they are sponsored by their given departments, but, need to get hired part time or full time by another agency in order to maintain their certification and go through FTO.

I understand some agencies require you being reachable on a roster, however, not all of them do. With that being said, do you or anyone else know of any PD's that hire part time?

Comment

Originally posted by 4godncntry View Post
        they are part time peace officers that assist police officers on a volunteer basis with crowd control at events. They are going through the entire basic course for police officers and are looking to get hired. If they do not get hired within 2 years, it expires. As special police they are sponsored by their given departments, but, need to get hired part time or full time by another agency in order to maintain their certification and go through fto.

I understand some agencies require you being reachable on a roster, however, not all of them do. With that being said, do you or anyone else know of any pd's that hire part time?
        bump

Comment

In my county, the Sheriffs Dept has a position for retired members of law enforcement (corrections, police, parole, probation). It is part time. Can be found here. http://www.ongov.net/employment/jobs/exams/ex40733.htm

Comment

Originally posted by TheSlammer View Post
            In my county, the Sheriffs Dept has a position for retired members of law enforcement (corrections, police, parole, probation). It is part time. Can be found here. http://www.ongov.net/employment/jobs/exams/ex40733.htm
            Oh wow, that sounds like a pretty good gig. Is it strictly for retired officers? I'm already OTJ, just trying to help a couple of friends out and I personally don't know of many departments that hire part-time.

Comment

Try Washington County, NY. A lot of their agencies hire part timers including Hudson Falls PD, Granville PD, Fort Edward PD etc...

Comment

Originally posted by 4GodnCntry View Post
                Oh wow, that sounds like a pretty good gig. Is it strictly for retired officers? I'm already OTJ, just trying to help a couple of friends out and I personally don't know of many departments that hire part-time.
                Honestly, I'm not sure. I would suggest contacting them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6144 users online. 322 members and 5822 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X