300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Trooper tattoo policy

How many inches above the elbow do they require? Is there an appeals process?

Originally posted by kip42 View Post
    How many inches above the elbow do they require? Is there an appeals process?
    I believe there website specifies what the regulation is for tattoos. They have seasonal uniforms read up on it all your answers will be there

NYC law enforcement hopeful

Comment

Can't show in a short sleeve uniform. No appeals process. Im off work this week after having my forearm tattoo cut off. Like scalpled and peeled. They will have you try on a short sleeve at processing weekend and photograph all your tats. Good luck.

Comment

Nasty scar for the rest of your life for this job. That's rough. I was canvassed fire state parks and didn't go through it because I'm not gonna cut my tattoos off for a chance at getting hired

Comment

Im already a police officer - and my tat was for one of my Marines that was KIA which made the decision difficult. But my wife wants to move back to NY state and NYSP is the best gig out there (and one of the only that would let me test being an out of stater). I wouldn't cut my tat off for a job, but I would for my wife. I would do anything for her.

Comment

It would be an easier decision if they let you process before removing the tatt. Mine is two inches above my elbow and it's barely visible. I would go for laser but that could take 15 treatments and not be 100 percent effective. It's a difficult choice...

Comment

Originally posted by Whitty View Post
              Can't show in a short sleeve uniform. No appeals process. Im off work this week after having my forearm tattoo cut off. Like scalpled and peeled. They will have you try on a short sleeve at processing weekend and photograph all your tats. Good luck.
              How were you able to complete the process, if you are just getting your tattoo removed this week?

Comment

It would be an easier decision if they let you process before removing the tatt. Mine is two inches above my elbow and it's barely visible. I would go for laser but that could take 15 treatments and not be 100 percent effective. It's a difficult choice...
                Ya tried and spent thousands and it was still there. Hence the cutting off.

Comment

Originally posted by Racecar View Post
                  How were you able to complete the process, if you are just getting your tattoo removed this week?
                  I actually had it cut off before processing weekend. This surgery was to fix the messed up scar I had.

Comment

So laser removal isn't worth it?

Comment

So laser removal isn't worth it?
                      Didn't say that. But it can take years. And once in the trooper process I had months to get rid of it. Didn't work out for me but works for lots of people. I started June 2013 with laser in prep for the trooper exam in Oct. It wasn't even halfway gone when processing came around in 2014.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6198 users online. 346 members and 5852 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X