300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1PP weapons policy

Can any NYPD MOS tell me if other agencies other than NYPD are allowed to go into 1PP with their duty/off duty firearm for non business related visit. I need to go to license division and since they're closed on weekends I will most likely go afterwork

You have to go through the Visitor Entrance on the right side before the building entrance. Show them your shield and ID and tell them you are armed. Go through the x-ray machine, type in your name and take a photo at the machine, and take a ticket. They'll also give you a paper firearms pass.

Once you get inside the building, go to the left, wait on line, then go up to the desk and show them your ticket, pass and job ID. They'll print you a blue visitor sticker.
    NYPD Academy - July 2011 Session

Comment

Thanks Nitro

Comment

Fyi, went to 1pp today they do not let other agencies enter with firearms I guess if not on official business. The officer did give me a good tip that the federal building across would sometimes lodge the weapon and they did

Comment

Originally posted by SO911 View Post
          Fyi, went to 1pp today they do not let other agencies enter with firearms I guess if not on official business. The officer did give me a good tip that the federal building across would sometimes lodge the weapon and they did
          Are you a police officer? I left NYPD about 5 years ago for another police department and have carried inside of 1PP since then without a problem.

Comment

Peace officer with nys parole

Comment

At first he thought I was a federal officer and said I can't then I told him state and still can't. He said it's dumb but he didn't make the rules

Comment

At first he thought I was a federal officer and said I can't then I told him state and still can't. He said it's dumb but he didn't make the rules
                Interesting. I've always carried and never had a problem. My father is a retired NYPD MOS and has carried inside too without a problem.

Comment

Yeah, the officer and the sgt said no firearms except for new pistol inspections. Guess maybe it changed since last you were there. Guess your dad was NYPD

Comment

Yeah, the officer and the sgt said no firearms except for new pistol inspections. Guess maybe it changed since last you were there. Guess your dad was NYPD
                    Yes he's retired. I left just about 5 years ago and went to another department.

Comment

Thanks be safe

Comment

As a fed, I csrried at 1PP all the time. Never an issue.
                        I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

*Insert Kermit Sipping Tea*

Comment

Yeah, maybe rules changed or I was on personal business

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4894 users online. 262 members and 4632 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X