Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any helpful tips on joining NYPD or joining the United States Marshals Service?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any helpful tips on joining NYPD or joining the United States Marshals Service?

Hey guys, I've just been doing some research on both of these agencies and I'm wondering if there's any tips or advice can you guys give me? I'm planning to take the NYPD test in January hopefully, and I want to get started on attaining better credentials for the Marshals service when they come out with another exam but I don't have a clue where to start? My plan was, to finish up college in the next three years while attending ROTC for the Air-force, (I applied to NYPD cadets but I am still pending, I already submitted my APD-5), be able to become a Combat Rescue Officer and finish my time so i can have both a double major in criminal justice management, (still debating on my second major), and have military experience with a medical background that I attained while in the service (if i even make the position, i know its hard but i am 110% dedicated). I also know English, Spanish, and I am planning to learn a little bit of Arabic. I am sorry if i sound ignorant about certain things, but this is what i want my plan to be like for the upcoming years, if i am wrong about something please point it out so i can see where i am wrong, also any advice, tips would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Spartan.117 View Post
    Hey guys, I've just been doing some research on both of these agencies and I'm wondering if there's any tips or advice can you guys give me? I'm planning to take the NYPD test in January hopefully, and I want to get started on attaining better credentials for the Marshals service when they come out with another exam but I don't have a clue where to start? My plan was, to finish up college in the next three years while attending ROTC for the Air-force, (I applied to NYPD cadets but I am still pending, I already submitted my APD-5), be able to become a Combat Rescue Officer and finish my time so i can have both a double major in criminal justice management, (still debating on my second major), and have military experience with a medical background that I attained while in the service (if i even make the position, i know its hard but i am 110% dedicated). I also know English, Spanish, and I am planning to learn a little bit of Arabic. I am sorry if i sound ignorant about certain things, but this is what i want my plan to be like for the upcoming years, if i am wrong about something please point it out so i can see where i am wrong, also any advice, tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Well marshals I'm not sure about but from what you wrote in regards to nypd you should be good you have patience and school so just wait until your up. From what I read in regards to marshals it's pretty hard to get into crazy competition. A lot of guys want that spot like you good luck in whatever field you choose wish you the best

NYC law enforcement hopeful

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan.117 View Post
      Feds are a crapshoot these days. Sometimes the bare minimums will get you in, other times you need a resume from the heavens. If you can get veterans points, it'll help you fed wise, as they get priority in hiring. There is no magic bullet. Do not "count" on one gig by passing up on another. Local LE (especially at the big city level) is a lot more attainable due to sheer volume of manpower requirements. That being said, NYPD these days is a several year wait from day of exam. Take every exam you can think of, and apply to gigs as they open up and hope for the best. Can't go wrong with the military, in my opinion, especially if the jobs you want are years away. While it is no magic bullet, it will put you in a better position and will certainly not hurt.
      sigpic

"I pity guys like you, I truly do. Everything you own and have you can thank the job for and still you despise it. I don't understand how any man can choose a career, hate it from the beginning, not have the balls to leave, and then complain about it once he's retired."

-Thee Rant (surprisingly)

Originally posted by NYCTNT
      DF,

Why do you bother?

Comment

Apples and oranges.

You are a long ways away from both jobs.

Focus on schools and do your best. Stay out of trouble, go forth in your military and see what happens.
        Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

CRO's are NOT PJs.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3490 users online. 178 members and 3312 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X