300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body cameras, yay or nay?

Personally, I believe body cameras violate officers' civil rights by making them walk on eggshells as well as the privacy rights of civilians being filmed. Opinions?

Walk on egg shells? If you're playing by the book you should have nothing to worry about right?

Comment

Hopefully 99.86% of the time, it should only vindicate the officer which will only make the cop-haters that much more angry.
      Officer Jay McGuire, Minneapolis Park Police EOW 5/14/2009 age 11
      Among Texas' finest
      Deputy Andy Taylor, Llano County SO EOW 5/9/2005
      Senior Deputy Jessica Laura Hollis, Travis County SO EOW 9/18/2014
      Darren H. Goforth, Harris County SO EOW 8/28/2015

Comment

What happens the other .14% of the time?

Comment

Originally posted by TLD View Post
          What happens the other .14% of the time?
          well than ya done goofed...

Comment

I'm torn about it. A few things first I think it's a good idea for the officer. My thing is this in a heated confrontation where a fire arm has to be drawn will an officer think about turning on the camera on to justify the situation? I'm not an officer and haven't been in a situation like that but life or death I can't see myself thinking "oh let me put this camera on" and getting a bullet in my a**. Then you have the complaints people who are confronted by an officer and feel there rights were violated. Does it happen yes. There are situations were it doesn't and there respectful and it needs to be recorded so you know the law officer did the right thing and that person is a jackass.

NYC law enforcement hopeful

Comment

Its good people wont act as crazy when on camera or make stuff up.
              When making a report you can go back to the video and make sure you got everything right.

Comment

It's only an issue if you are a soup sandwich.
                Last edited by nasa808; 12-05-2014, 08:43 PM.
                We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

Say what you want but until you walk into my command, which is where this is happening you don't really know anything. It's total bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by SCPDhopeful View Post
                    Say what you want but until you walk into my command, which is where this is happening you don't really know anything. It's total bull****.
                    You must be in the Bronx I can't imagine what your going through good luck.

NYC law enforcement hopeful

Comment

One thing is for sure, for all of us future LEO's, you'd better start preparing yourself to be watched closely and scrutinized. It's bad enough that everything is filmed and uploaded to the internet instantly, and not shown to the officers advantage. Having a "pov" camera that doesn't even record sound at the moment, will only serve as incriminating evidence should we slip up. However, I do believe that this could be a good thing in that it should deter officers from using unnecessary tactics when dealing with civilians. I'm on these forums everyday trying to see what's new as I eagerly wait to get otj. But I will not side with any officer now or when I'm otj if they feel it necessary to act on emotion (excessive force, prejudices, etc) rather then follow policy. If an officer does his job as he is paid to do, then he or she will have nothing to worry about. If this is too hard, then they should resign and make room for one of us who are dying to get on and do the job right. We are all human and we make mistakes, but I can guarantee that these cameras are not being implemented to catch cops standing around shooting the *****. That would only damage the dept. It was meant for interactions that spark some sort of controversy and holding individuals responsible for their actions.
                      OTJ

**** is real in the field..! Don't talk about it..!

Comment

Originally posted by WellPaid View Post
                        One thing is for sure, for all of us future LEO's, you'd better start preparing yourself to be watched closely and scrutinized. It's bad enough that everything is filmed and uploaded to the internet instantly, and not shown to the officers advantage. Having a "pov" camera that doesn't even record sound at the moment, will only serve as incriminating evidence should we slip up. However, I do believe that this could be a good thing in that it should deter officers from using unnecessary tactics when dealing with civilians. I'm on these forums everyday trying to see what's new as I eagerly wait to get otj. But I will not side with any officer now or when I'm otj if they feel it necessary to act on emotion (excessive force, prejudices, etc) rather then follow policy. If an officer does his job as he is paid to do, then he or she will have nothing to worry about. If this is too hard, then they should resign and make room for one of us who are dying to get on and do the job right. We are all human and we make mistakes, but I can guarantee that these cameras are not being implemented to catch cops standing around shooting the *****. That would only damage the dept. It was meant for interactions that spark some sort of controversy and holding individuals responsible for their actions.
                        Can't wait to see gunslashs opinion on you willing to throw your partner under the bus.

Comment

Never said I would throw my partner under the bus. You don't have to be a cop to be in situation by which a partner or friend does something you do not agree with. Having been in these situations, i have never thrown anyone under the bus. But as I stated, I will not side with a poor judgment. And when the day comes that I'm in that situation as a cop I will handle it like I have in the past and then part ways with that individual. Also, if we will all most likely have cameras on us in the future, I won't have to say much because the proof will be right there on video. Answer me this, should I be held liable for another adults poor actions and risk my well being and my families? My father was otj and always told me not to risk my future over anybody's and to this day that's how I live.
                          OTJ

**** is real in the field..! Don't talk about it..!

Comment

Not about throwing anyone under the bus. A lot of the time now of days they are suspending the officers who stand by and who do not stop a fellow officer of doing something wrong. Why work so hard to get otj to have someone else get you suspended or possibly fired over bull s***.

Comment

Haha, I have no problem with them because they usually work in favor of PO's and bring justice to phoney allegations by the public. Also after this Garner case I've seen a lot more of the public turn away from the idea of body cameras. I even heard this at a bodega earlier, "body cameras not gonna do nuffin."
                              NYPD Exam 2344 -- 06/2012 || List# 1XXX -- 01/2013
                              APD 5: - 5/2014 | Medical: 10/14 - Passed | Written Psych: 10/14 - Completed
                              Oral Psych: 11/14 - Passed | BI Meeting: 01/15 - Completed
                              JST: 04/15 - Completed | Mini Med: 04/15 - Completed || GOT THE EMAIL! 07/02/15

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6148 users online. 337 members and 5811 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X