300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD applicants

Its not a secret that the force has been under a lot of fire over the past few weeks if not months or even years. These things will not be simply swept under the rug.

I friend of mine who I haven't spoken with in quite some time texted me last night warning me of the pending protests and riots, telling me that I need to be careful. He claims that even he was attacked and have had to scuffle a few times. He is an EMT with the FD.

This morning on my way to work, I overheard a couple of union workers discussing yesterday's events. One of them said he "wouldnt take this job no matter what the pay is. Its going to get pretty rough over the next year."

I wonder if you prospects or even those otj feel the same about this job as you did when you first took the written exam.

More room for people actually committed to LE. If you let events like this sway your opinion on if you want to be a police officer then you never wanted to be a police officer at all. To everyone who fits that description call your investigator and withdraw from the process. The quicker you do that they can reach list numbers of people who actually want the job.

excellent.jpg
    NYPD Exam 2344 -- 06/2012 || List# 1XXX -- 01/2013
    APD 5: - 5/2014 | Medical: 10/14 - Passed | Written Psych: 10/14 - Completed
    Oral Psych: 11/14 - Passed | BI Meeting: 01/15 - Completed
    JST: 04/15 - Completed | Mini Med: 04/15 - Completed || GOT THE EMAIL! 07/02/15

Comment

Originally posted by brooklyn's finest View Post
      More room for people actually committed to LE. If you let events like this sway your opinion on if you want to be a police officer then you never wanted to be a police officer at all. To everyone who fits that description call your investigator and withdraw from the process. The quicker you do that they can reach list numbers of people who actually want the job.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12400[/ATTACH]
      Couldent have said it any better brother.

Comment

Hold on now we dont want more sheep to start fighting us now....

Comment

Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
          Hold on now we dont want more sheep to start fighting us now....
          Yup, that was my point.
          NYPD Exam 2344 -- 06/2012 || List# 1XXX -- 01/2013
          APD 5: - 5/2014 | Medical: 10/14 - Passed | Written Psych: 10/14 - Completed
          Oral Psych: 11/14 - Passed | BI Meeting: 01/15 - Completed
          JST: 04/15 - Completed | Mini Med: 04/15 - Completed || GOT THE EMAIL! 07/02/15

Comment

Perfect wording and agreed. These events; riots, protests, and negative perception comes with the territory. People are going to hate you when you get on. If you are letting this stop you then you are unfit for law enforcement in my opinion.
            NYPD
            Exam 4323 2/14
            List # 5xx 7/14
            APD-5- 2/16
            Initial Medical- 7/16 (Passed)
            Written Psych- 7/16 (Passed)
            JST-8/16 (Passed)
            Oral Psych-8/16 (Passed)
            BI Interview-
            Mini Med-

NYS Court Officer Trainee Exam- 12/13/14

NYS Correction Officer Trainee Exam- 1/11/15

John 15:7
            APO for the NYPD Transit Bureau.

Comment

I do hope a lot of people decide that this job is not for them and my place in queue moves up. Look.

Look at the crazy OT these guys are making right now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6300 users online. 380 members and 5920 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X