X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hopeful
    replied
    Originally posted by bestbuyer2312 View Post
    hey whats up hopeful. The MTA made these inspectors for Fare enforcement..mostly on those long extended buses...The MTA did an audit and found a good amount of people dont pay so to get some of that money back...poof they made the title. In 2011 or 2012 they had openings on their website...not currently. The have shields and ticket books thats pretty much it. Keep in mind with the MTA as far buses and trains ( not counting bridge and tunnel) they only have MTA police
    and MTA Security besides these inspectors. MTA police do nyc but you see them mostly in Nassau and Suffolk county at big stations and sometimes on LIE doing stops. MTA security does security at Depts and lots in nyc and nassau suffolk ct..some are Armed ( For when they pick up money At the machines).
    Thank you my friend

Leave a comment:

• The hopeful
    replied
    Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
    They have detective looking shield. 90% retired officers.

Good luck.
    Yea a lot of them seemed older. I saw a few younger cats. Guy that gave me the info told me there was no age limit or experience/education needed just apply and hope to get a interview. Just cant find a place to apply for the interviews lol.

Leave a comment:

• bestbuyer2312
    replied
    Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
    Ran into a few today. They was acting as if they was in a hurry to get somewhere so I couldnt get many questions.
    guy just told me to apply online no work experience or education needed but theres nothing for them on the MTA website.

I saw some of them with shields and some in uniform and some in plain clothes. Are these guys peace officers? What are their specific duties? Do they only get people who try to get a free ride on the select bus service lines? Any help is much appreciated on someone that knows of them and not just copying and pasting something online thank you very much.
    hey whats up hopeful. The MTA made these inspectors for Fare enforcement..mostly on those long extended buses...The MTA did an audit and found a good amount of people dont pay so to get some of that money back...poof they made the title. In 2011 or 2012 they had openings on their website...not currently. The have shields and ticket books thats pretty much it. Keep in mind with the MTA as far buses and trains ( not counting bridge and tunnel) they only have MTA police
    and MTA Security besides these inspectors. MTA police do nyc but you see them mostly in Nassau and Suffolk county at big stations and sometimes on LIE doing stops. MTA security does security at Depts and lots in nyc and nassau suffolk ct..some are Armed ( For when they pick up money At the machines).

Leave a comment:

• NYCTNT
    replied
    They have detective looking shield. 90% retired officers.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• The hopeful
    replied
    Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
    I saw three of them last week. Two looked like police retirees and the third looked like a future PO. All unarmed with no shields and patches that read something like NYC Transit Department of Security. They had summons books and watched those getting on through the back of buses.
    Oh some of them have shields. I watched them at work on 125th for the M60.

Leave a comment:

• GoldBadge
    replied
    I saw three of them last week. Two looked like police retirees and the third looked like a future PO. All unarmed with no shields and patches that read something like NYC Transit Department of Security. They had summons books and watched those getting on through the back of buses.

Leave a comment:

• BNWS
    replied
    Fare enforcement.

Leave a comment:

• WILLDOGS
    replied
    From what I know, these are not Law Enforcement positions. They ONLY have authority to issue summons' to people who get on the SBS bus and don't have a ticket. If they stop someone and they run, they cannot pursue.
    Most of the guys and gals are retired from LEO jobs and do this as a retirement gig. They are like glorified security guards basically. Not bashing them in any way, but it is far from an LEO job. Good luck,

Leave a comment:

• hwong0707
    replied
    where do i sign up for this

Leave a comment:

• The hopeful
    replied
    Originally posted by obey33 View Post
    sounds like the guys who get the people not paying on the sbs lines
    Thats all that they do?

Leave a comment:

• obey33
    replied
    Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
    Ran into a few today. They was acting as if they was in a hurry to get somewhere so I couldnt get many questions.
    guy just told me to apply online no work experience or education needed but theres nothing for them on the MTA website.

I saw some of them with shields and some in uniform and some in plain clothes. Are these guys peace officers? What are their specific duties? Do they only get people who try to get a free ride on the select bus service lines? Any help is much appreciated on someone that knows of them and not just copying and pasting something online thank you very much.
    sounds like the guys who get the people not paying on the sbs lines

Leave a comment:

• The hopeful
    started a topic MTA Special Inspectors.

MTA Special Inspectors.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5332 users online. 306 members and 5026 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X