300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Departments in Onondaga County

I recently took the exam for Onondaga County Deputy Sheriff and Syracuse Police dept. Was curious if anyone had info on these departments including Onondaga County Park Rangers. Info including moral, salary, tours, any other useful information. Also do any of these departments if hired, will any NOT make you re-attend a police academy if you are already certified in NYS? Thank you in advanced!

I'm curious myself too. Anyone know?
    Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. An all expenses paid trip with travel, meals, and accommodations included!

Comment

I am unclear on Onondaga County, but I do know that Syracuse has a very big regional academy. I'd suggest waiting to see if you even hear back first before you bombarding recruiters/BI's with questions. Most information on websites is general at best, and most have reasons for it.

If you get selected for further processing, then would be the time to ask.

Also, my county, and the surrounding counties around it all accept an accredited NYS academy. Around here, the only exceptions are the NYSP and NYSPP.

Comment

Some additional insight: While many agencies do accept an accredited academy in NYS, most will still put you through firearms, ASP (if necessary), and a couple other courses.

Comment

Originally posted by Amigo1342 View Post
          Some additional insight: While many agencies do accept an accredited academy in NYS, most will still put you through firearms, ASP (if necessary), and a couple other courses.
          Thank you for your response. Do you have any insight into syracuse police dept?

Comment

It depends what you mean. I personally do not work for Syracuse, so I do not know their particular policies.

I'm not sure if there was a spot on the application to write down that you have already completed an academy. If you did put that on there, they SHOULD bring that up if/when they contact you. If they do not, then just bring it up then and ask if the academy you went through meets their particular criteria.

If you did not put it on the application (which you should of), just tell them when/if you hear anything back.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Comment

I just meant general moral and atmosphere for the department.

Comment

Oh my apologies. I cannot answer that question for you as I do not work there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4823 users online. 259 members and 4564 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X