Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting from Australia

Hi,

I'm a Senior Sergeant in the New South Wales Police Force in Australia and will be visiting New York over Christmas and New Year with my wife and 3yr old son. We are very keen to experience as much as we can and would love any suggestions of places to visit and things to do. I command our Emergency Management Unit and so am interested in visiting with police and emergency services to catch up. Outside of that we intend to do as many tourist things as we can. Our son is very excited at the thought of a white Christmas! Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted

Thanks

Tim

Originally posted by Firemantim77 View Post
    Hi,

I'm a Senior Sergeant in the New South Wales Police Force in Australia and will be visiting New York over Christmas and New Year with my wife and 3yr old son. We are very keen to experience as much as we can and would love any suggestions of places to visit and things to do. I command our Emergency Management Unit and so am interested in visiting with police and emergency services to catch up. Outside of that we intend to do as many tourist things as we can. Our son is very excited at the thought of a white Christmas! Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted

Thanks

Tim
    Fuc. k off we'r Full!!

Thanks

USA

jokes aside lol i'm just messin with you.Want the best skyline view at night of NYC? . Go to Gantry Plaza State Park U'll thank me for an eternity down the road. its a local park. or try the Dumbo Park (brooklyn) for the best sunset view over the Freedom Tower and bridges. Be warned it's going to be brutally cold
    NYPD Exam #3310: September, 2012
    List: 5XXX: May 2013
    APD 5 - 11/14/14
    Medical - 1/12/15 (Passed )
    Written Psych - 3/3/15 (Completed)
    Oral Psych - 2/4/15
    BI Interview - 5/6/15
    New York State Trooper Exam: October 26, 2013
    Score: 95+
    February 13, 2014 Rank: 1xxxx

CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst Exam): Dec 2014
    Status - Currently Going for Round 2?

Comment

Tim,

Since you are coming with your 3 year old son, I'd suggest that you visit F.A.O. Schwartz toy shop on 5th Ave, Rockefeller Center, Toys R Us on Broadway in Midtown, Transit Museum in Brooklyln. Chinatown (but I must warn you that it isn't as clean as the one in Sydney), Little Italy, SOHO area.

Also, if you can't live without vegimite, you should bring it with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Firemantim77 View Post
        Hi,

Thanks

Tim
        Hi Tim,

Check out the site for the local International Police Association for NYC (Region #2). They'll be able to help as well!

http://www.iparegion2.org/visitors/index.htm
        sigpic

"I pity guys like you, I truly do. Everything you own and have you can thank the job for and still you despise it. I don't understand how any man can choose a career, hate it from the beginning, not have the balls to leave, and then complain about it once he's retired."

-Thee Rant (surprisingly)

Originally posted by NYCTNT
        DF,

Why do you bother?

Comment

Thanks guys appreciate the help. We're visiting for a bit over 2 weeks so are looking forward to doing some exploring
          Tim

Comment

Yes very true, IPA takes care of visiting cops....
            Abraham Lincoln:Nowhere in the world is presented a government of so much liberty and equality. To the humblest and poorest amongst us are held out the highest privileges and positions. The present moment finds me at the White House, yet there is as good a chance for your children as there was for my father's.
            --August 31, 1864 Speech to 148th Ohio Regiment

Comment

I m pretty sure u can visit the NYPD police academy at 20th st too. I have seen a retired San Fran cop and wife visit it, not sure of any permissions

Comment

Hi that sounds great, I'm bringing plenty of patches and challenge coins over. Just finished a long shift on the Martin Pl siege so looking forward to some time away

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4555 users online. 239 members and 4316 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X