300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving Record, Moving violation ticket

I first got my drivers license when I was 16yrs old. In 2011 I was stop at a check point and was asked to show my insurance card. Unfortunately, the insurance card I had was expired and the up to date card is at home. Totally forgot to put the up to date insurance card in my car, I was issued a ticket. The next day I brought the up to date insurance card to court and the clerk at the desk told me that I have enough proof and I don't need to see the judge all he needs to do is copy my info and then he will hand it to judge and the judge will throw out the ticket. Seems like that clerk didn't know what he was talking about!. Two days after going to court, I went on vacation to Jamaica for a month. Returned from vacation, read thru all my mails but unfortunately, I didn't see a letter from the court stating that the judge didn't accept my proof of insurance. I drove for six months with a suspended license, never got stopped. How did I found out my license was suspended! on the day of my birthday, at DMV I went to renew my license and I was told that my license is suspended. Surprised and shocked! I started thinking, because I'm not a person that get a lot of ticket. I can't recall, the one ticket I can think about was the one that relates to the expired insurance but the clerk assured me that everything was okay, I had sufficient proof. Turned out the judge rejected my proof of insurance. He wanted a letter from my insurance stating that I had coverage within the month that I was stopped. Called up my insurance agent, he provided me with the letter, brought it to court, cleared up the ticket and went to DMV and my license was renewed.

In February 2014, I received my first speeding ticket, first 3 points to be added to my license after almost 10yrs of driving. I was running late for class and I was stopped for speeding 40mph in a 30mph zone. I was found guilty and paid a fine. unfortunately, on the due date to pay the fine, I remembered but I got caught up and ended up forgetting to pay the ticket and my license was suspended again, I paid the fine within less than 24hrs after my license was suspended.

How would my driving record affect me as a candidate for police office?
    NYPD Exam 5314
    List #: 5**
    APD: Waiting!!
    Medical: Waiting!!
    Written Psych: Waiting!!
    Oral Psych: Waiting!!
    BI: Waiting!!
    JST: Waiting!!
    Mini Medical: Waiting!!

Originally posted by rudeboy955 View Post
    I first got my drivers license when I was 16yrs old. In 2011 I was stop at a check point and was asked to show my insurance card. Unfortunately, the insurance card I had was expired and the up to date card is at home. Totally forgot to put the up to date insurance card in my car, I was issued a ticket. The next day I brought the up to date insurance card to court and the clerk at the desk told me that I have enough proof and I don't need to see the judge all he needs to do is copy my info and then he will hand it to judge and the judge will throw out the ticket. Seems like that clerk didn't know what he was talking about!. Two days after going to court, I went on vacation to Jamaica for a month. Returned from vacation, read thru all my mails but unfortunately, I didn't see a letter from the court stating that the judge didn't accept my proof of insurance. I drove for six months with a suspended license, never got stopped. How did I found out my license was suspended! on the day of my birthday, at DMV I went to renew my license and I was told that my license is suspended. Surprised and shocked! I started thinking, because I'm not a person that get a lot of ticket. I can't recall, the one ticket I can think about was the one that relates to the expired insurance but the clerk assured me that everything was okay, I had sufficient proof. Turned out the judge rejected my proof of insurance. He wanted a letter from my insurance stating that I had coverage within the month that I was stopped. Called up my insurance agent, he provided me with the letter, brought it to court, cleared up the ticket and went to DMV and my license was renewed.

In February 2014, I received my first speeding ticket, first 3 points to be added to my license after almost 10yrs of driving. I was running late for class and I was stopped for speeding 40mph in a 30mph zone. I was found guilty and paid a fine. unfortunately, on the due date to pay the fine, I remembered but I got caught up and ended up forgetting to pay the ticket and my license was suspended again, I paid the fine within less than 24hrs after my license was suspended.

How would my driving record affect me as a candidate for police office?

ah man your fuked!. Don't even think about applying. LOL just jk man, u should be fine. from the looks of it ur driving record is quite clear aside from a few bumps here and there. then again i'm not in APD nor a police officer so who am i to make a statement. far as it's concerned i think u should be okay, just go along the process and be truthful. can't be worse then me, got a Red light ticket 1 month before APD was handed out to my exam. Kinda expectin them to be a bit lenient considering i drive for a living. so in other words ur okay
    NYPD Exam #3310: September, 2012
    List: 5XXX: May 2013
    APD 5 - 11/14/14
    Medical - 1/12/15 (Passed )
    Written Psych - 3/3/15 (Completed)
    Oral Psych - 2/4/15
    BI Interview - 5/6/15
    New York State Trooper Exam: October 26, 2013
    Score: 95+
    February 13, 2014 Rank: 1xxxx

CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst Exam): Dec 2014
    Status - Currently Going for Round 2?

Comment

Your problem is your cavalier disregard for the law. Anyone can find out what the proper proof of registration is. And having experienced one DL suspension, why would you even allow the pay-by date to get so close that you could miss the date? For the information of other readers, presenting a valid insurance card is not the proof required to clear a no reg ticket. The proper proof is a letter signed by an employee of the insurance company (not your broker). The letter must state that the vehicle in question (must list VIN) was covered by a policy (must list policy number) on the date the summons was issued. By the way, no clerk in any court can or would do what you suggested this clerk did.
      Last edited by Dinosaur32; 11-07-2014, 09:59 PM.

Comment

First of all none of us here can tell you that you are disqualified. You're road maybe a struggle but hey whats the worst that will happen they will say no? Dont drive through impact zones :-)

Comment

They take driving records seriously. Just explain your situation to your BI.

Comment

stop writing an essay also. His story :
            1. he was 511 once
            2. he was 511 twice
            3. what are his chances?

Comment

Originally posted by shakeboxx View Post
              stop writing an essay also. His story :
              1. he was 511 once
              2. he was 511 twice
              3. what are his chances?
              The only person who wrote an essay was OP. You stated previously that no one on here can tell him he is disqualified, but then you ask for us to tell him his chances. Sir, what are you trying to say?

Comment

http://forums.officer.com/t196295/?h...t=#post3543809

http://forums.officer.com/t196290/

Based on just these... No. Try Burger King.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Lol. His next post will be, "can I get on the job if I murder someone but only get convicted of manslaughter?"

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

LMFAO, oh damn did not see that coming. Is OP a troll?
                    NYPD Exam #3310: September, 2012
                    List: 5XXX: May 2013
                    APD 5 - 11/14/14
                    Medical - 1/12/15 (Passed )
                    Written Psych - 3/3/15 (Completed)
                    Oral Psych - 2/4/15
                    BI Interview - 5/6/15
                    New York State Trooper Exam: October 26, 2013
                    Score: 95+
                    February 13, 2014 Rank: 1xxxx

CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst Exam): Dec 2014
                    Status - Currently Going for Round 2?

Comment

wow, this ops history keeps popping up one after another...hmmmmmm........good luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4440 users online. 315 members and 4125 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X